Chapter 24: Ayato got a fever

3rd POV. After Chika's overnight stay at the Kamiyama Residence.

Chika decided to go earlier because she had to pick up her school uniform back to her house.

Ayato wasn't awake during that time.

However.........

When Moriko checked on his grandson, at the first glance, she quickly realized what happened, and it happens on the rarest occasions.

Fever.

Moriko gently places her hand on Ayato's forehead.

Moriko: He's got a fever, probably due to the sudden change in temperature.

Moriko: After all, it frequently raining this past few weeks, the sudden change between warm and cold is dangerous for Ayato who has a sickly body.

And so, she decided to call the school and inform about Ayato's situation, and when the news reached the Student Council.

Miyuki: So, apparently, Kamiyama is absent........

Kaguya: Hm, what could've happened? Is it over fatigue?

Miyuki: No, fever.

Chika: !?

Kaguya: !?

Ishigami: Fever!? Prez, isn't that a little dangerous for someone like Kamiyama-sama to get a fever!?

Miyuki: I know. With how weak his body is, even though he's eating healthy food, it will not be enough to compensate the lack of blood that is flowing within his body.

Chika: T-Then what should we do, Prez!? Kamiyama-kun may die!

Miyuki: Don't jinx it, Fujiwara! You know our secret task, right!?

Chika: !!!!

Chika: That's right, regarding of the secret task, I met the other one who's helping him.

Kaguya: Really?

Chika narrates how she met Ayato's two childhood friends.

Kaguya: I see, Ikeda Isshiki is a childhood friend of Kamiyama-kun.

Miyuki: Do you know something about him?

Kaguya: He is the son of a famous doctor, and a businessman, that is a rival to the Shinomiya Family.

Miyuki: I see.

Kaguya: But I can offer a truce, at least between the two of us, since our goal is to save a person's life.

Miyuki: Okay. Fujiwara, did you ask about Kamiyama's current condition?

Chika: I didn't. Even if I did, I guess he'll say that it's still the same, but I feel like something is bothering me, and I don't even know what it is!

Miyuki: ..........

Ishigami: Is he hiding something, again?