Con.

Selena Jal

Tuesday, April 20th—

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! What is happening?

"When will Matthew wake up?" George asks. I'm back in the nurses' office with Emma, Roy, George, and Aaron.

"He's strong so he'll recover soon," I say. "He just used up too much energy." Emma is in her own ward. She is crying non stop and not talking to anyone again. She didn't get any sleep last night at all and was screaming half the time. Aaron is trying to calm her down, but she still won't talk. I've just woke up from fainting as well and cannot believe that Mr. Hugo's appearance was a fraud.

"Why is she crying so badly?" Roy asks. "What happened? Who was that man?" Instead of answering, I look down at my feet. I do not want to talk about him nor do I want to explain to Roy. It's too painful and Emma wouldn't like that.

"Leave it," George says. "But did Emma and Matthew use a time ability yesterday?" Aaron immediately got up and answered, "No."

"Then what did we see?' Roy asks. "We have eyes, you know." Gosh, what have we gotten ourselves into?!

"That was all me," Aaron says. "I opened the portals. Matthew and Emma just told me to."

"You can open all those portals at once and look completely fine?" Roy asks.

"Have you forgotten that I'm powerful?" Aaron says. "Plus, my guard will be coming soon and he can prove that Emma and Matthew are not Morsos."

"Whatever," Roy says. "So is the bee situation gone now? Matthew literally burned up every last bit of them."

Oh right! I forgot. Does that mean Dawns is now bee-free? That's awesome! The people are safe now, but at what costs? Matthew and Emma are both badly injured. I blame half of it on Mr. Hugo. What a terrible, horrible man.

I hear Emma's ward's curtain slide open and her head to the window.

"Are you okay?" I ask immediately. She doesn't respond. Instead, she opens the nearest window and is about to jump out when Roy realizes what is happening and stops her just in time.

"Let go!" Emma screams, shooting electricity everywhere. We and George run over to stop her, but she takes out her knife so we couldn't get close.

"GET AWAY!" she screams again, tears rolling down her face. "I'm going to kill him!"

"Calm down!" Roy shouts back. When Emma's knife scratches his bare arm, Roy doesn't even complain and endures it. I'm tearing up myself. What a loyal, strong friend.

"Emma," I cry. "Stop this. This is not you!"

"I don't care," Emma says, her voice muffled. "I don't care." She activates her ability and the bright sky today starts to turn dark again. Thunder roaring in the distance.

I'm panicking. Emma has enough power to ruin this whole neighborhood! Plus, she looks very upset. Me too. I walk over and hug her tightly. She starts to break down.

"Why?" she whispers. "Why does he have to show up? Why does he have to make it so hard? I trusted him!" We both begin to cry and I put her to sleep when I inject sleeping pills into her. I'm sorry, Emma, but you need to rest.

"Here," George says, handing me a tissue.

"Thanks," I say, wiping my tears. I hate Mr. Hugo as well. I have no idea how I will cope with things if I went through what the twins went through.

"Are you going to report this to your mother?" I ask Aaron. He shakes his head.

"They wouldn't want that," he says. I know he's referring to Emma and Matthew. Aaron always respects their decisions. All three of them have such hard lives. Sometimes I wish they can all live like regular people, for nice. I thought coming to Dawns will open up a new gate for the twins. But how wrong was I?