Con.

Matthew Lin:

Wednesday January 13–

It's time for the second task...yay. Okay, seriously, I'm not that excited because I won't be participating with everyone. I'll be in another room as the adviser for my teammates. I don't know what the task is yet, the teachers are supposed to announce it soon, but I plead that it won't be boring in that room and I can have some chocolate while being there. Right now, I'm in the school's field, with all the remaining contestants, ready to hear the instructions.

"Hello to the remaining 30 groups!" Lily says. Turns out, Lily doesn't just train freshmen students, she also trains sophomores. That is why she's here today, Ben too.

"Today's task is called 'Lily's Hand Drawn Maze for This Special Event!'" Lily beams. No wonder she's the one speaking, we are going to be in a maze created by her.

"You should all have a communication device with you," Lily says. "So if you don't have one, please come up and get one. Tell us your group and we'll hand you the correct device. These ear plugs can be used to communicate with your teammates only by the way." I already have mine because Selena got it for everybody.

"Now, advisors, please follow Ms. Grandel to your rooms. Each of you will be placed in a separate soundproof room with the items you need and you cannot ask any questions about the task," Lily says. I wonder what she meant by the "items you need."

"Bye," Emma says. "Won't miss ya." I make a weird face to indicate I-don't-care and wave goodbye to everyone before setting off. I go to the teacher by the exit, which is Ms. Grandel, along with 29 other people, and we form a line to enter the school. We walk up the stairs in two lines and stop at the fourth floor. She then calls our group names one by one and leads us into a different room each.

I wouldn't say that these rooms are classrooms because this room is smaller than the average Dawns classroom, although it counts as a normal size classroom outside of this school. There is only one chair and desk here along with a large computer, a keyboard, and a mouse.

After I step in the room, Ms. Grandel locks the door behind me so there is only a button I can press from the inside to get her attention. It feels like I'm in a jail cell and not participating in the tournament.

"Please turn on your computers, everyone," the announcement says. The fourth floor really is interesting. It has over thirty small rooms with an announce system just for this floor. What is this floor usually used for?

I'm not going to get my answer anytime soon so I do as told and turn on the computer. Instantly, a screen of my teammates show up and I see that they are in the maze already. The screen is split so on one side of the screen, I see a maze with different color dots to represent each person and on the other side, I get to see my teammates close up. I can also press a button to switch the person I want to focus on when the four of them decide to separate. Hopefully they don't separate though, or else it'll be hella hard for me.

After that, I realize my prayers never come true. A gray smoke suddenly invades the area where my teammates are and when the smoke disappears, all of them are in different spots of the maze. There were other people in the maze too, but since they aren't part of my team, I can't track their location down on the maze, unless I hack the other teams of course, but it probably won't be necessary, yet.

"Are you having fun?" Emma says to me through the communication device. I can tell who is speaking because the screen shows a speaker by Emma's dot, which is turquoise. Selena's is the green dot, the blue dot is for George, and the red dot is for Roy. I want my dot to be yellow, but too bad I don't have one.

"I'm not having fun, all of you just ended up in oblivion and I have to do all the work basically," I reply. Oh well, now that it's come down to this, it's time for my specialty. There is 6 hours before time ends and the first 6 groups who get out of the maze first, win.