Con.

Roy McCarthy

Friday, October 30th—

It's the day before Halloween and we have no school tomorrow because there is a Halloween celebration. It's lunch time right now, the last "class" of the day, and after this, I'm supposed to go pick out a costume because you have to wear one to the celebration. I'm thinking I can just be a student maybe, but George insists on picking out an actual costume that wouldn't be mistaken for real life wear. The celebration is from 6 PM to 9PM and I think we're just going to be participating in some activities and eating dinner. It does sound very interesting; I wonder what we're going to do.

When I'm back in my dormitory, I grab my credit card and go with George and Matthew to the mall. We are also going to be shopping with the girls. As I walk in the shopping center, I see mass decorations outside and inside the big building. There are skeletons and orange and black ribbons hanging everywhere on the walls. Various sized pumpkins are placed next to the entrance and around the shops. We walked into Scary Sally's Dress Up Boutique to buy the costumes. Emma and Selena break off with us here because they're obviously not going to shop in the men's section for their costumes.

"Roy, I think this one suits you!" George says, grabbing what looks like a lemon suit.

"No way!" I pretend to be so excited about it. "It looks so good you should wear it."

"Nah, Roy fits this one," Matthew says. The costume looks like a chef's outfit being smudged with black dust and covered in I think is supposed to represent ketchup and mustard. "It fits you, the world's worst chef."

"Oh yeah, definitely," I say sarcastically. "Throw on a ruined apron too and it'll be perfect." The two of them laugh. I walked around the area to look for something that I actually want to wear and I found a black ninja costume and a creepy ghost costume with a mask that covers your face.

"How's these two?" I ask Matthew, who's nearest to me. "Actually, only pick from these two because I'm not going to wear anything else."

"Man you sure like black," he says. "Nobody is going to be able to see you when they close the lights tomorrow, but I think the ninja one's pretty cool."

"Yeah, go with the ninja one," George says. "You're scary enough. The ghost one doesn't even count as a costume."

"What are you trying to say, huh?" I say testingly. "But I do like the ninja one better. I'll just get this one." To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of shopping. At home, I wear anything my parents' buy because I don't really care. I'm not picky as long as the outfits look exceptional and are not rags. I put the ghost costume back and go pick a ninja costume that fits me. When I found the right one, I realized that the costume also comes with a mesh that covers half your face. This'll be a cool costume, I think.

"Are you guys done?" I ask the other two.

"Yeah," Matthew says. "I'm going to be a vampire."

"Oh, did you see the fake fangs they sell at the front, you should get one," I say. Those fangs glow in the dark and I saw them coming into the store. They're pretty nice.

"Will do," Matthew says. "You should come and see what George picked out." Being curious, I headed over to George and saw that he was carrying a big blue block with holes in it to fit your arms, head, and legs.

"You're not thinking of being an ice cube, are you?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I am," George says. "How's this?"

"Um...you know what? It's a great idea! I love your fashion sense," I say. "The only catch is that aren't you already a human piece of ice, like why do you need to remind people that you are one?"