Chapter 17

Todoroki was under the impression that school was supposed to be about learning and fun. Not about fighting for your life at 10am.

Then again what does he know?

Todoroki sent another wave of ice at the lower level thugs that had come from the warp gate. They were here to kill All Might but All Might wasn't here. Did that mean they would kill others? Take hostages? What was their back up plan? Did they have one?

All the years of scenarios that his father had drilled into his mind were pulsing forward. His goal for now was to detain those he came across in ice and help those who needed it. Most of these students didn't have the experience he did. What about those who were tossed into areas where their quirk was weak. What about ones like Midoryia and Kaminari who struggled with the backlash of their quirk at the current moment.

Todoroki shook his head pushing on. They would be on their own for now. They were hero course students. If they wanted to be heroes they would have to figure it out eventually. Judging by the way the teachers were acting this wasn't class. This wasn't a fake scenario. This is real.

The ground shook and water exploded. Todoroki couldn't worry about that for now. He needed to focus. Take down and capture who was in his path. Help anyone if needed on the way, hopefully not needed. Find his teacher. Get the hell out of there.

Right?

Least he was guessing that was the goal. His father may have words about it but the teachers had been trying to get them out so he was guessing that was the plan. Now wasn't the time to play standout student.

But he could do something a bit better

They had no info on these guys. The lower level thugs were easily beaten by him so surely other students will manage, especially if they were in groups. He can wait a moment. He can use this to his advantage.

They were untrained unlike him. He knew he could survive and not crack while being tortured. What about them? Would the casual threat work?

Get the information

He knew his father would have been proud of them. Which was an annoying shiver he would deal with later. He wondered if his teacher would be as proud of the method he used. Would All Might?

He could leave the details out. Wasn't like heroes didn't do that all the time in their reports anyway.

He moved back to the center when he could hear the heaviest fighting. From the distance he thought he could see the purple mist. He wondered if he could freeze him in ice without him realizing it. Preventing their escape. Hopefully freeze that thing that was with him too. The thing that was designed to kill All Might.

That's why they had been so confident coming in. So reckless and untrained. They needed a distraction. Something to entertain the children.

Todoroki felt his eyes widen a fraction as he got closer to the main battle up front. All Might had arrived. He had heard another blast near the entrance earlier but wasn't able to see the cause. A monster had him pinned to the ground.

Guess they weren't totally wrong about finding a match for him.

He quickened his pace, already dropping the temp in his body prepared to send ice out. He wasn't the only one rushing forward. Midoryia was moving faster than him. Half way in the air reaching out. Bakugou also jumping forward to attack the purple mist that was surrounding the monster and that was reaching out for Midoriya.

He sent out his ice helping to lock the monster down and allowing All Might to escape.

All Might free but bleeding. He should be fine. The one in charge standing annoyed looking as his two main guys were now captured and down. Occasionally scratching at his neck. His quirk must be touch given the hands he noted. Out of the group of students that landed he was a better match for him able to attack at distance without risking getting touched.