Chapter 8

Mina Ashido was a character.

Once Midoriya finally had the mental capacity to catch up he rather enjoyed her. She was chatty, a bit sporadic and spacy but she noticed things that caught Midoryia's attention. Odd details that would seem pointless if she hadn't explained it.

Of course then there was also her quirk. When she dropped she was also planning on getting into UA it was Midoryia's turn to do rapid fire questions. Luckily Mina kept pace responding just as quickly.

But they had traveled off topic

"Anyway Kirishima!" Mina slammed her now empty cup back on the table, "What are we going to do?"

Midoryia hummed tapping the table as he thought, "In all honest I think he's avoiding me. Well no I know he's avoiding me. The thing is he should be ok. There is no harm trying and preparing on your own. He wants to get into UA and well we have to train hard for it. The test itself is tricky not to mention the quirk exam we are also going to be put through. Sure the quirk exam will be easier for anyone with physical quirks or at least it should based on how the sports festival plays out. Honestly I think it is best to let him figure things out on his own. Yeah I would like to talk to him but sometimes it's better to figure things out on your own first."

Mina puffed out her cheeks and whined

"I'm just worried! Like I don't know him well enough to butt in and ask. You do! That's why I tracked you down!"

Midoriya smiled slightly, "I know. Sometimes it's best finding confidence your own way. I miss him, don't get me wrong he's one of the few friends I have. I worry if we push just yet it may be too much."

"But what if it turns bad or something! Like he overdoes it!"

"Then we step in."

Mina groaned, chewing on her straw. Midoriya laughed slightly. He didn't like it much better but it was the only thing he could think of.

Kirishima was avoiding him because of his connection to Bakugou. He knew that much. Bakugou would eventually other things over or work things out. At least hopefully. Likely once things are a bit more settled Kirishima would come back.

At least Midoriya hoped.

He had finally gotten used to having a friend. A real friend that he could count on. He wasn't sure he could handle having to stick back to himself.

He was hoping to have Kirishima by his side when they took the entrance exam. That looked like it may not be the case with it only a few weeks away.

As much as he was struggling with his own internal conflict he couldn't press this topic just yet. He wouldn't be any use.

Kirishima wasn't Bakugou. He couldn't just barge in and yell to finally feel better. He would have to wait for Kirishima to come to him. Which Midoriya was secretly grateful for because yelling at Bakugou was enough for a lifetime.

In fact he really hoped he would never have to yell at him again. Bakugou may blow his head off next time.

Mina's phone went off for the hundredth time since they sat down. She puffed out her cheeks and looked down at it.

"Group chat. They never stop."

"I just figured you were popular or something," Midoriya shrugged

"Oh well I mean I guess I am. I don't know how though. Like I like people but I can't really always tell if they are friends with me because they like me or friends with me because of my quirk."

"Oh. I'm sorry," Midoriya said not really knowing what else to say

Mina simply shrugged, flicking her phone back to the home screen, "It's whatever I guess. Once I get into UA it really won't matter. I'll be too busy training to be a hero."