Chapter 15

Midoriya could only hope the next day was a bit easier after the quick stress and panic of almost getting expelled on day one. He would like to be able to prove that he could still belong there even if he didn't have a hold of his new quirk yet. Heck it's not like the other students understood theirs at 100% yet. He knew he was at more of a disadvantage but surely it shouldn't be enough to get him kicked out on day two... right

Well classes were going fairly smoothly the first half. It was weird having actual friends who wanted to chat during lessons and not sitting in the corner hoping he could magically spring an invisibility quirk. Between Kirishima and Uraraka he actually had people to naturally drift to.

Kirishima and Bakugou were at an odd medium. Kirishima showed no fear in Bakugou angry flashy displays. Looks like he had taken his word when he said he didn't think Bakugou would push bounds just yet so he seemed to use himself as an occasional leash to reel him in when the others riled him up.

Bakugou's bite, much less threatening when aimed at Kirishima, turned more to a soft bark than anything. Veiled protection hovering over Kirishima in the form of being soulmates. Not that anyone else needed to know.

Bakugou still seemed wary on all prospects. Mainly with Kirishima now being there full time and seeing him in all his daily glory. Midoriya could also feel the eyes stuck on him thanks to the new quirk. He knew Bakugou and he would not let it go easily.

However he wasn't the only set of eyes he felt

He had tried to smile at him a few times but there wasn't any response. Todoroki, the guy from the alley, the shop, and the beach, the one with all the soulmate questions, was also in class 1A. It was a situation Midoriya wasn't sure if he should approach or not. They only ever really talked about soulmates. Which had nothing to do with UA but Midoriya was curious and he could feel the eyes on him all day long.

Did Todoroki want to talk to him and just not know how? Maybe he just wasn't expecting them to be in the same class together. Really Midoriya couldn't read it but he did watch.

Todoroki sat away from the class. Occasionally accompanied by the girl with the creation quirk but it always seemed more of her stepping in to say something rather than him. He ate alone and did his work quietly. Never outwardly drawing attention to a teacher to snag a question but his work was correct when called on. He was in on recommendation and Midoriya would give an arm to dig more into his quirk.

But there were other things to worry about at the moment

Like All Might really having the audacity to do mock battles right now.

Midoriya was too busy running the plans in his brain to focus much on the Todoroki situation. He needed to survive a very angry Kacchan.

"He won't kill you," Kirishima rolled his eyes when Midoriya muttered his fear as they stretched

"Says you."

"Yes me."

Midoriya glared at him in response. He could feel Bakugou's eyes latching onto the pair as they finished their stretches.

"Look I'm not sure why the deal is with you all recently and the quirk drama," yeah Midoriya still wasn't sure how to ride that train, "But just stand up for yourself and give him that ego check you talked about. It's not like you're alone backed into a corner anymore."

Kirishima was incredibly right about that.

Midoriya couldn't help but smile slightly as Uraraka bounced on her toes shaking her hands out, obviously nervous about being tossed into the ring with the two with issues to start but ready to start swinging.