soompi

[BREAKING] HYBE reveals LINA has not renewed with BigHit Music.

BigHit Music has announced the expiration of Lina's contract.

On June 15th, the agency announced that LINA will be leaving the company, after her contract expired.

"Hello.

This is BigHit Music.

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to all the fans who have shown boundless and unwavering support for LINA over the past eight years.

The exclusive artist contract with LINA concluded as of June 14. Our company and Lina went through careful consideration and discussions on the future, what would be the best path for everyone, and how she can present her best self.

Lina has decided to start afresh after leaving our company and focus on her family. We respect and support the decisions of Lina as they are the result of careful and extensive consideration and discussions.

BigHit Music wishes the best for Lina's new leap forward and growth and will continue to cheer for her bright future ahead of her.

We would like to express once again our gratitude to S.T.A.R who have always stayed by Lina's side. We ask you to give your unchanging love and support to Lina as she embarks upon the next chapter of her career.

Thank you."

COMMENTS:

— You mean to tell me BTS will go on hiatus, moved out of the dorms. And now LINA has not renewed her contract.

— HYBE's stock will go down. BTS and Lina were the main moneymakers.

— Honestly speaking I felt like this was coming since last year.

— Sarang mentioned that she wanted some rest from the public. I wouldn't believe her after the divorce rumors.

— I get that Lina wants to have her children grow up away from the spotlight.

— And here I thought we could get them on Return of Superman.

— I think Sarang is going to take a backseat and focus on her family.

— I mean Taehyung and Sarang both need to be around their kids.