9-Alpha to Alpha

Chapter 9 - Alpha to Alpha

Brent's POV:

I walked out of the hospital doors and immediately set course for the pack house. Everything was so close together here being such a small pack. Anderson followed closely behind. Neither of us speaking,too stunned for words that we had such an insane breakthrough fall into our laps so suddenly. Why the hell had he not only cheated, but pushed that through the mate bond? Surely he had to be aware that Alyssa knew? Pushing into the mate bond had to have been intentional and I'm going to find out what his intentions were, but first I needed to brief his Alpha. This could turn ugly and I needed to get my affairs in order.

We walked for about 15 minutes and found ourselves in the lobby of the building. It was nice enough. A large, rustic cabin style building with five floors. Nothing like our pack houses 17 floors, but we were a much larger pack. I found an omega scurrying around, tidying up the main floor.

"We need to speak with your Alpha. It's urgent." I said in a clipped manner, not wanting any of my time wasted. I wanted to get back to Alyssa.

"Alpha O' Connor!" she shrieked in surprise. "I will send for him right away, Alpha." She bowed her head in submission.

After several minutes, and a worn carpet path from my excessive pacing, what appeared to be an office secretary finally descended the stairs, "sorry for the delay, Alpha O'Connor and Beta Briggs. Please follow me to Alpha Jacob's office."

"May I offer you something to drink or eat?" the secretary asked before letting us into the Alpha's office wing.

"I'll take a white chocolate mocha and a lemon blueberry scone" Anderson gleefully responded.

"Coffee. Black." I responded with a side eye to my Beta.

'Don't judge me. You go and drink your hot bean water. I will enjoy my coffee with a little cream and sugar..' he mindlinked.

'More like you'll enjoy the creamer and sugar with a little bit of coffee..' I interjected.

Rolling his eyes at me, we both entered the Alpha's office.

"Gentlemen, have a seat." The older Alpha outstretched his hand to the two leather chairs opposite his desk.

"I am going to get straight to the point," I said while sitting down.

But before I could begin the office doors opened again. An Omega with our coffee orders quickly coming and setting our items down before bowing and closing the door.

Clearing my throat, "as I was saying. I am going to get straight to the point as I need to get back to my mate. Gamma Pembrook cheated on Alyssa. This is what spurred her to drink the silver."

"What?? Betrayal? Sure - Surely not! Why, that's unheard of between destined mates," The old man stuttered.

"Are you calling my mate a liar?" I asked him dangerously, my wolf pushing forward.

"No! Absolutely not! Wait - is Alyssa awake?" He asked incredulously.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, "no, she is not yet awake, but she wrote a letter to her mother. A letter that she then placed in the mail to be delivered to her mother once Alyssa had passed.." the last part coming out in a rush as I hate to think of Alyssa dying..

I passed the letter over to the older Alpha and remained silent as he read.

"My Goddess" he gasped as he passed the letter back to me.

"I don't know what to say," he stammered.

"My Beta and I will handle this from here. We will conduct a full investigation into this and we will be questioning both Dalton Pembrook and Caitlin Smith."