6-Run

Chapter 6 - Run

The rest of the evening was uneventful. Thankfully. Anderson was still out collecting what he could find as well as corresponding with my Gamma, Ryan, back at our pack to bring him up to speed on everything. Alyssa's parents had gone home and about an hour later the Alpha of Wolf Moon Pack had come by to offer me dinner and his apologies for his Gamma's outburst. I had gladly accepted the meal, but declined his apologies. I explained to him that I believed his Gamma had done something to my mate and that I would be investigating. I told him that if there was any interference from him, or his pack, it would be seen as an act of treason against his Alpha of Alpha's and anyone involved would be dealt with. He, of course, readily agreed to comply with the investigation before bidding me goodnight.

I stretched my arms over my head and laid the book I was reading down on the edge of the bed as I began to flip through the channels of the television. I wasn't much for television, preferring to read, but I needed a change of scenery...

'What we need is to run', my wolf huffed out in the back of my mind.

I knew he was right though. I had lost count of how many times I had almost shifted today. It wouldn't take much at this point to cause me to shift after the day's events...but my mate needed me. Mates thrive off of each other's touch and scent.'You know we can't leave her,' I eventually responded.

I racked my brain, thinking of any possible way I could let my wolf out...think Brent...

I looked down at my shirt and had a thought, Scent. Maybe that would work.

'Anderson'

'Yes, Alpha'

'Bring me my luggage'

'To the hospital room?"

"Where else would I be? Just do it.'

'Yes, Alpha'

Did he really think I'd be anywhere else? Damn he got on my nerves.

Anderson finally walked into my mate's room with my luggage in tow.

"Don't tell me you're going to move into this tiny room for the next month?"

With a warning glare I began to dig through my suitcase. Ah, there it is..my favorite hoodie. I don't get to dress down much, but when I do this was my favorite thing to lounge in. I then took the hoodie and carefully pulled back her blanket and covered her with it, placing the blankets back over her.

"My wolf needs to shift. He has been on edge all day and if I don't shift soon, he will do it for me." I said, still staring at my beautiful mate as I rubbed circles on the back of her hand.

"Alpha, you can't leave Luna. You know what happened last time you left!" He said, voice full of fear and protection for his Luna. The Luna is like the mother to the pack so I understood his outburst.

"Anderson, I know." How could I forget my mate had almost died?

"I am going to try leaving my scent behind to see if that will keep her calm enough, and I want you here standing guard. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is to enter this room while I am gone. Do you understand?" I poured every ounce of my authority into the command. I needed this to go well.

"Yes, Alpha" he bowed his head in submission at the use of my Alpha Authority.

"Good." I looked down at my mate one more time and hesitantly let her hand slide from my grip and softly back on to the bed.

I reached the door and turned back to give her one more look, please Goddess let this work..

"Anderson," his head snapped up to look at me, "I am going to stand just outside of the door for 5 minutes to make sure she will be okay, and then I will be going on my run. Mindlink me immediately if there is any trouble."

"Yes, Alpha," he nodded with understanding.

Five minutes ticked by without any issues so I quickly took off down the hall. The quicker I got out of here, the quicker I could get back to my mate. Plus it was nearing 10 pm. My gosh what a day. What a damn day.

Once more I walked through the automatic doors, only this time it was the pitch black outside. The only illumination coming from the minimal parking lot lights. The sky was covered in clouds, so not even the stars or the moon were offering any additional light.

I headed for the tree line. The same tree line I had ripped through just hours ago to find my mate. I shed my clothes at the edge of the forest. They were wet and disgusting from the trek through the woods earlier, but I wouldn't be able to link Anderson for clothes, as he was guarding my mate, so I needed to be careful about ripping them apart.

I willed my wolf forward and allowed him to take control. With a quick sound of snapping bones I landed easily on 4 paws and shook out my thick black fur.

I took off quickly. Wanting very much to get this over with.

'Wow, missed you too buddy..' my wolf grumbled.

'You know it has nothing to do with me not wanting to run. We just need to make this quick and get back to mate.'

I pulled back and gave my wolf full control. I allowed him to hunt and when he was finished with the dear he successfully caught, we cleaned off in a nearby stream.

We then shared the control as we found our way back toward my clothes. I shifted and immediately pulled my shirt on and quickly put on the rest of my clothing and shoes.

I glanced down at my phone as I shoved it into my pocket, 10:45pm flashed up at me. "Shit", I grumbled to myself. I only meant to be gone 30 minutes tops and here it was almost an hour later.

'Alpha, we have a problem'

----------

Ope. Houston, we have a problem....

vote, like, comment!

This is unedited! Will work on that later. PLEASE let me know through constructive criticism if anything doesn't make sense! Thank you!

Finally came back to edit, oops! - 8/23/22

Edited 9/27/2022