Part 1 - CHAPTER 1

PART ONE

✦INTRUDERS OF THE SECRET LAB✦

Emma Chen:

Thursday, August 27th—

Today is the day for the students of Dawns High School to arrive at Dawns, and unpack their things before the new school year. School doesn't officially start until September 5th, but we were told to come early for an orientation speech on Saturday.

I get out of the car with my brother, Matthew Lin, and our best friend, Selena Jal. I bring a suitcase filled with clothes, shoes, and necessities, and also a bag carrying some school items and cash. Selena, my bro, and I are going shopping on Sunday, after the school gives us our school supplies list. I am looking forward to that very much. I'm going to have the cutest school supplies this year! Not that I care very much; I usually don't mind what my supplies look like. I barely take notes anyway, but as this is freshman year, some things just gotta be cute looking, like school supplies.

"Bye Angelina!" I say to my bodyguard who is watching over the three of us today. At home, she is in charge of everything I do. Matthew has his own bodyguard, Kevin, but sadly, he can't make it today.

"Bye, Emma, and have a nice school year kids!" Angelina says and drives away. Me and Selena head towards the girls' dormitory and Matthew goes his way.

The letter says that Selena and my dorm is on the 2nd floor of the girls' dormitory, and ten more girls share the floor with us. Dawns High is huge, but there are only about 400 students here in total. This is why so few people share a single floor.

Part of the reason why Dawns High is so popular is because of its spacious dormitories and classrooms...well, more like training centers. After all, Dawns is a school that trains you for combat.

The whole reason for coming here is to learn more about your powers and how to control them. My power on the scale is the same as my brother's, and Selena's is a 4.5. To be considered strong, your level should be 4 or above. The highest is 10, which is like un-human. That doesn't mean people who are level 10 don't exist though. It's rare for someone's ability to reach past 5, nevertheless a 10. Everybody has their own abilities and for an average person, their ability lies around level 2.5.

My power is to be able to control electricity and anything that has to do with electricity. You naturally develop other skills like to fight better, control my strength, and defense skills when getting stronger. They aren't abilities, but are as helpful as an ability, to some extent.

I got into Dawns High because of my powers. The school is known to teach some of the world's greatest fighters and most powerful people. However, it contains a ton of weaklings too. The weaklings got into Dawns High probably because of their vast source of knowledge, but students don't actually end up doing a lot of studying here.

Weaklings are either lame and awful people who want to pick fights all day or people who genuinely want to come to the school to get stronger. Since they can't strike more powerful students, they target those weaker than them, which there are plenty. I don't normally let people know my level. The reason being if I did, people would avoid me because they are afraid of me, or a bunch of fake friends would start popping out of nowhere. Students who act like servants, following me wherever I go just so they can brag about the wonderful advantages of befriending a powerful student. Plus, if I stay low, there will be people who try to pick on me, and I'll get to teach them a lesson, which is overall, very satisfying.

"Emma, do you want to grab a bite after we finish unpacking?" Selena says as we reach the front door into our apartment, Room 207. She's searching for the keys since I haven't picked them up from the school yet. Selena successfully unlocks the door.