Chapter 33: Back

We ended up going to Vincent's mansion once we left Ally's. The valet came and opened the door for me.

"Thanks... valet dude?" Of course, I never introduced myself to the guy that always helped me out.

He clamped his lips shut as to not laugh. "Peter."

"Lori come on," Vince growled from beside me sending Peter a death glare. Peter's face turned purple as he put his head down and went to the driver's seat to park the car. Was Vince serious?

"Vince, don't tell me you're jealous? The guy's like 30," I frowned. And I had you.

"I don't care," he furrowed his brows, grabbing my waist and pulling me to him. "I don't like sharing."

"Vince-"

He ran his hand along my sides bringing one up to my face. He started to trace my lower lip with his thumb turning me into mush. What were we even talking about?

"I know you're not a property to be owned, but I won't stop being jealous. I don't like the way other men look at you," he placed a light kiss sending me into a frenzy before pulling back. "I'm selfish, you make me so selfish." He kissed me again. I think I was going to die with the way the butterflies were flying in my stomach like damn rockets.

I grabbed a fistful of Vince's shirt tugging him closer to me. "You're an idiot. I promised you didn't I?"

I felt Vince smile through our kiss. He's more than I could ever ask for, if only he knew.

Vince looked down at me with lustful eyes and a playful smile. "I'd usually say screw em, but I think you should know we have an audience."

I gasped and turned around. Standing at the door and peering through the windows were the Westwood workers. All of them. Holy jello crackers, this was not happening.

They all disappeared when they saw that they were found out. Great just great.

"Come on," Vince laced his fingers through mine and pulled me with him inside. As soon as we were up in his room, Vince lay on his couch with his arm over his eyes and sighed.

"You okay?" I asked awkwardly standing there.

Vince slept on his side and gestured for me to come lay beside him.

"Can I just hold you?" he asked.

I nodded and lay next to him on the couch. Vince wrapped his arm around me tugging me closer to his body.

I reached up and stroked his beautiful face. His green eyes were filled with questions and worry and his face looked tired.

"Tell me what's wrong," I asked again.

"Lori..." he took a deep breath. "If my aunt came after you again, maybe even threatened you... would you still stay?"

I sighed. "Vince-"

"She won't stop until she gets what she wants. She'll even play dirty Lori, I don't want her to hurt you," he replied.

"Stop it," I hushed him. "I told you I'm never leaving you, why won't you believe me?"

"It's hard. It's hard thinking someone would stay with me... for me. You're too good for me, and when you see that I'm afraid you'll leave," his voice shook.

"Hey," I held his head in my hands and rubbed my thumb over his cheeks. "I don't know why you seem to think I'm perfect, but I'm not. One thing I can promise you I'm not is a liar. I'm here with you now, I've been through everything you've thrown at me, but I see the good in you. Us, it's only ever going to be between us. It's not about your aunt or the thirty year old valet, it's me and you okay?"