Comforting Support

Poppy x Reader requested by LordRedsontlborn

Being a security guard for Playtime Co was hell. Not only was it graveyard shifts, but you had to deal with Huggy and the others going on rampages and trying to avoid becoming a bloody mess in the halls. Sure you could quit, but you needed the money. This job had given you so much stress, you wished the toys would just take a day off and leave you be. You couldn't go to your family about it, they would just think you're insane. They would just tell you the lack of sleep and late shifts are making you hallucinate or something like that. The same would go with Mr. Pierre your boss. Some of the employees there believed you, but you just thought they were messing with you, teasing you. So you were just alone with your thoughts. That was until you stumbled upon Poppy and her case. She was different from the others, she didn't attack you or anything. Just stared. Innocently. "You don't look so good" she spoke up, making you jumped a bit. "Are you alright?" she asked. You shook your head. "What's wrong?"

Her voice sounded like she wanted to comfort you. You wanted to open the case, but Mr. Pierre told you not to ever. But what he won't know, won't hurt him. Opening the case, you carefully took Poppy out. Sitting on the floor, you set her down gently. "I'm guessing it's Huggy and the others, am I right?" You nodded, "they're too much to deal with" you spoke. Her small hand, patted yours. "You're still alive. You're either very good at outsmarting them or they just like you and like teasing you." She wasn't wrong. Mr. Pierre told you that before you worked there, three security guards quit. Not lasting more than a week, likely less. So far, you've been there almost half a month. "I'm sorry they're giving you a hard time. If you want, you can always come here and talk with me" the red headed doll smiled. "It would be nice to have someone to finally talk to and you won't feel so stressed." That really reassured you greatly. And that's what you did.

Every night, you went to Poppy. Taking her out of her case and having a heartfelt chat with her. It brought your stress down and took weight off your shoulders. You didn't feel so stressed with the toys. "You're very hardworking, Y/N. Keeping our home in top shape at this hour. Thank you" Poppy chimed. "Ah, it's nothing. Just doing my job" you smiled sheepishly. "Job or not. I appreciate it very much." This was what you two did every night you worked. You two would just talk about anything or things you couldn't talk about with your friends and family. Poppy was a good listener. Always having the right words to say to make you feel better. It was nice to have a caring ear to listen to your troubles. "Sorry, Poppy. I hope my problems aren't bothering you" you frowned. The doll giggled, "not at all. Isn't that what friends are for?" Friends?  That sounded nice. "You're right. Thanks, Poppy. And you're a really good friend" you grinned.

Not only did she comfort you when you needed it, she also gave good advice. Which was strange for a doll in a case, stuck inside a toy factory. But they were helpful and you were grateful. Grateful for all the support and comfort she continued to give you.