The Science Project -24-

Science Fair Day!

-24-

Ok today is the day of the Science Fair and I'm freaking out. I don't know if I'm going to do bad or not. Last night Luke and I stayed up all night and fixed the paper. I kept telling him that we didn't need to but he wouldn't listen.

"You're going to do fine Tabby, just like always" Bethany told me.

"How do you know that. What if the zombie apocalypse comes and I would have done all this work for nothing?"

Bethany started laughing at me "I don't think that's going to happen but if it did, I would still give you an A"

I calmed down a little bit but not a lot.

But I was happy because the people in the Science Fair didn't have to go to classes all day, because this was taking up the whole day. Bethany and that one guy was helping as well so they didn't have to go either.

"Look on the bright side, after this we can go get something to eat"

I shook my head and started looking at our poster.

"Hey" Luke said looking out of breath

"What happened to you, did you run here?" Bethany asked

"No I just had to change from my practice clothes"

I forgot that him and Sam had practice today.

***

We waited for another 10 minutes and Bethany left because the judges were coming around.

"So what made you decide on doing this for your project?" One of the judges asked

"Well it really came as an accident really, I was experimenting and found that the paper that I had felt different. It felt more dense, kind of like card stock paper, so i decided to write on it and it still could write. Then Tabby here was playing around with it and it went through her book bag and it cut or ripped through it." Luke told the judge

He lied because I didn't even know that he had made this piece of paper.

The judge shook his head and started writing down some things on his notepad.

I was watching Luke and he looked calm and I was standing here looking paranoid. I didn't want to get a horrible rating, It rates from 1-5. 1 being the worst and 5 begin the best.

"Ok thanks!" And the judge left.

We were all done with the judging and now we were waiting in the lobby of the school to see what number got.

"Do you think we'll get a 5?" I asked Luke

"No, but probably a 4"

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"What!"

"Why would say that!"

"Haha because we don't want to get our hopes up" he says bringing me into a hug. I was mad until he hugged me because he smelled really good. And it was really comfortable being in his arms.

Ever since that girl asked me if we were dating at the store I had to confirm with him if we really were dating. He said yes and that's what happened. I told Bethany that night in her room and she screamed all throughout the house, then Luke came in and all he had was shorts on. But he calmed down after he knew what we were talking about.

"Sure" I say in his embrace

We were allowed to go in again and we looked to find our poster. I don't know why I was so nervous but I really wanted a good grade.

I looked and it had a blue ribbon

"What does the blue mean?" I asked Luke

"I don't know...I'll go check" he said leaving me still looking at the ribbon. I looked around at the other peoples projects and there were some with red or green ribbon. But I didn't see blue on anyone else's.

"Did you find out?" I asked Luke who came back from checking

"Yup" he said just standing there

"Well..."

"First place!"

"Ahh!!!" I said I was so happy I jumped into his arms and kissed him. That's when I realized we were in public.

I let go and started blushing

"Sorry..." I said looking at my shoes

"Haha you don't have to be sorry" I looked up and smiled

"We got first place!" I started spinning around and doing a little dance.

"Ok let's go get something to eat " he says stopping me and leading us out of the school.

***

"And after that what'd she do?" Bethany asked Luke

"She started dancing" he says laughing at my embarrassment

"Ok ok yea it was funny can we please stop talking about it!" I say

"Sure thing Ms. Jagger!"

We all looked at Sam

"What you know the song"

"What...no dude don't say that, it wasn't funny" Luke told him

"It was too funny!"

I laughed and got my food when they called it. I sat down and started eating. I am so happy this Science Fair thing is over, it was a rough couple of months.

"So what are you guys going to do in Science class now?" Sam asked us

"We don't know... She's been busting our butts to get this done and now that it was done, we don't know what she's planning on doing" Bethany said to him. He shook his head in understanding and we continued to eat.

-Lai1114