Who Did This To You? | Part 2

Começar do início

Anakin's heart broke as he heard the story. How dare that gang so much as lay eyes on his little sister?

Anakin's mind was so preoccupied with the grief that he didn't realize the Council members were speaking to Ahsoka again until she shuffled uncomfortably and trembled even more violently. She obviously didn't like what they told her. Anakin started paying attention again.

"Since your mission was unsuccessful," Mace was saying, "You'll have to go again. Perhaps this time, you'll come out with at least a fraction of success."

Anakin's blood boiled.

"Wait a moment, Master Windu," Obi-Wan interjected. "The mission was not a success because of the dangers posed to someone such as Ahsoka. Perhaps we should send someone else?"

"I agree with Master Kenobi," Plo said.

"We need someone like Tano for this mission," Windu said. "Someone who can blend in and stand out enough at the same time and would not be suspected to be a Jedi."

"Then may I suggest at least sending Anakin with her?" Obi-Wan tried.

"Skywalker doesn't blend in and he's not very subtle. He could be easily identified as a Jedi." Mace shook his head.

Anakin wanted to smack Mace Windu. He wished that Obi-Wan could run things when Yoda wasn't there rather than him.

"I could accompany her," Plo volunteered. "I'm sure Kenobi would be willing to as well."

"Two Jedi would be too obvious," Mace argued.

"Send a clone commander or captain then," Plo suggested. "Captain Rex and Commander Wolf would both be delighted to join her. Either of them would work."

"This is a solo mission. This discussion is over. Tano must go alone," Mace said firmly.

The Council took a quick vote and the majority ruled for Mace's argument. What were the council members, heartless? Stupid? Arrogant? Insolent? Anakin could think of a thousand more adjectives to describe the Council, but he had more important things on his mind.

He couldn't just let Ahsoka go out there alone again. Surely she'd get hurt and it would further scar her. The poor girl might just crawl right out of her skin and never leave the Jedi Temple again. Or worse, she could be killed or kidnapped by a gang. She could become a slave or servant or a spectacle for a show or–

No. Anakin wouldn't let his mind race, because he wasn't going to let her go alone, no matter what the Council said. And the Council wouldn't know either.

He was going to follow Ahsoka.

🪐🪐🪐

Ahsoka hid the fact that she trembled violently under her long cloak and walked to the mouth of the dark alleyway she'd gone down the night before. Her stomach churned and her breaths came rapidly. This was her mission. She had to do it.

Ahsoka walked down the alley, making as little noise as possible. She'd made it almost halfway down the alley when she heard a cold, female voice.

"Hey, darling. Remember me?"

Ahsoka froze dead in her steps.

"Yeah, you do."

"Get away from me," Ahsoka hissed, even surprising herself at how dark it sounded.

"Aw, don't be like that." It was a male voice that time.

The Force sent a warning a moment too late and two men already jumped out to grab her. Ahsoka kicked one in the gut and went for the other's head. He fell back and didn't get up again.