Chapter 32- After School Celebration

Delphine's POV

"WOOOO!!! School's finally over!" Leon comes running out in the backyard with a pair of swim trunks and a button-up tropical-themed shirt that was unbuttoned. I was sitting in my hanging chair. Yes, I have claimed it as my own. 

I see Mina and Faye come out with Nolan trailing behind them with snacks and drinks almost dropping them multiple times. I could see them all sit down on the patio and start talking while I got back to reading my book. When I was getting to a part of the couple's relationship that was vital I heard someone clear their throat in front of me. 

Looking up I see Nico in front of me smirking as I glare at him. 

"What?"

"Nothing. But you weren't inside and I was sent to find you and have you join our celebration." he took a step closer trying to look at my book so I closed it. 

"What celebration?"

"We have a small barbeque every year on the last day of school." He explained as he stood in front of me. 

"And you want me to join?" I point to him and then to me. 

"Yes, we want you to join." He held out his hand for me. "Come on our parents are going to be home soon." Grabbing his hand he helps pull me up to standing. Holding my hand he pulls me against him so that I have to look straight up in order to see his face. He smirks at me as he holds my hand. I push him away and shake my head. 

I walk away with my book and my phone with him following behind me. I walked over to the others as Leon greeted me I could see Mina giving her brother a look. I sit down with them while holding my almost-finished book. 

"So you excited to be done with school?" Nolan asks me. 

"Well, I've been done for a few hours." I shrugged trying to brag to him about my online school. 

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes as we engaged in the other's conversations. 

We talked for a while before the adults walked out. I've only met their parents a few times. I asked Mina about their parents one time and she told me that Faye's dad had been dead for a few years and her mom was always busy. Leon's parents both knew of the club but both had high-demand jobs. Apparently, his mom worked in some lawyer's office and his dad was some tech person in an out-of-town prison. Nolan's parents were mainly absent in his life so I most likely won't ever meet them. 

Faye's mom was supposed to be here and Leon's parents had not been expected to come. But Faye had told me that she never had her hopes up for her mom to come by. I see Cyrus walk out with a plate of burgers and hotdogs. Honey has some of the add-in and buns which she sets next to the grill my dad had rolled out. 

Cyrus and my dad started working on dinner as Honey joined us asking each of us how our day was. Nico and Leon sat next to me like usual. When I wasn't being asked questions I was reading my book trying to finish it. 

"Delphine." A light sweet voice called from a distance. 

"Delphine." A closer voice I could hear. 

"Dolphin." 

"What?" I look up seeing everyone looking at me and Nico smirking. 

"Dolphin?" My dad asked while looking back and forth between me and Nico. 

"Don't ask."

"It's so cute," Honey commented as my dad shot her a glare that she ignored. I could see everyone else giving us a smile as Mina gave me a wink. 

"Food's done" Cyrus calls us over. Nico walks over I decide to try and finish my book for the millionth time today. Nico comes back over and takes my book puts my bookmark in and handing me a plate. I once again see Mina give us a look more so focusing on Nico than me.