𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 18

As she walked she swung her arms out hitting any branches that got in her way, causing some to snap. She turned the path and up ahead was a blonde woman and dark-haired man. Kenzie walked up alongside them. They noticed and turned their attention to her.

" Callie, what's wrong?" Emma asked her face narrowing in concern.

"I don't want to talk about it," she insisted and then changed the subject. " Have you found Ronan?"

"I thought you didn't want to work with him?" Emma questioned.

" Yeah, well I don't think we have a choice," she replied. There was her other idea, but it could take too long and she wanted to leave posthaste. The sooner she got home and put behind this whole dreadful ordeal, the better.

"No, we haven't," Emma reported.

"Let's keep looking," Kenzie suggested and they carried on walking.

Sometime later Emma was up ahead and Edi came up beside Kenzie, breaking the silence that had befallen them. He looked at her.
" Did my cousin do something?" He asked.

"What do you think?" She asked rather abrupt, even though she didn't mean to take it out on him.

"No need to snap at me for my cousin's wrongdoings," he stated.

" Sorry," she said more calmly.

"It's ok," he said. "He wasn't always like this. He wasn't always a villain. He was once a good guy, but after losing his brother and then the one he loved," he started to defend him.

" Yeah well, that man has gone." Kenzie cut him off.

"He's still there somewhere. Why do you think I stick by his side?" He stated.

His cousin had done terrible things, he knew that. He had witnessed them. He had been by his side for most of it. Until he got stuck in Neverland and his cousin didn't mind hurting or using people to get what he wanted, but Killian Jones was still hiding beneath Captain Hook. Edi still believed it. Still knew it.

" Because you are a pirate too?"

"For Killian, because he is my family we aren't just cousins.  He and Liam are like brothers to me and I know he's still in there," he explained.

" Yeah, well you may be blinded by your family bond," she said and sped up to catch up with Emma.

They came up to Ronan's tree house and Kenzie let out a shudder. One that she hoped no one saw, but she couldn't believe she was back here or that she had gotten kidnapped in the first place. Have I become a damsel in distress? She pushed that thought from her mind and climbed the ladder.

"Callie?" Emma called out, but she continued to climb.

"Hey, crazy jerk you in here?" She said as she popped in her head to find to her relief that he wasn't.

"He's not here," she told the others and started to descend the ladder.

She reached the bottom and turned to face them to see the last person she wanted to see right now, step through the trees.

"Don't talk to him. He made a deal with pan. He just wants to save himself," Kenzie told them. They gave her a confused look and then turn around to look where she was glaring.

"And who's fault is that?" He declared.

"Can I kill him?" She asked.

"Killing won't solve anything," Edi replied.

" Is that true?" Emma wondered.

"It wasn't until Callie decided that was my intention," he replied as if Kenzie hadn't heard him talking with Pan earlier.