𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

Hook was walking down the street trying to find that pretty young woman with the strange hair he had bumped into two days ago, but it was proving harder than he had thought. He asked people if they knew where to find her but no one knew of her. You'd think that someone would have seen a girl with purple hair walking about but now turns out odd-coloured hair was not so uncommon in a busy place like New York.

He couldn't give up looking for her, she was the only lead on what happened to his ship. Someone must know who she was. Maybe, it would have been so much easier if he knew her name. He turned a corner when he saw a woman with purple hair. Hoping it was the same woman as before he called out to her.

"You with the purple coloured hair, " Hook called.

Kenzie turned around to face him and asked, "me?" Pointing to herself even though she knew he meant her.

Relieved that he had finally found the right person he replied, "do you see anyone else here with purple hair? Of course, I mean you, " as he came to a stop.

"What do you want?" She asked fighting back a smile. Although she wasn't sure she was doing a good job at it because after thinking she wasted her chance at talking to him last time, she was glad their paths had crossed again and also due to the fact she had just been thinking about him.

"You were by the docks two days ago. Did you see anything strange?" He asked her not wanting to directly ask about his ship because he remembered that witch Cora had put a cloaking spell on it and that this was a land without magic so he had to be careful what he said or the woman would think was crazy.

Oh, right yeah. This is probably about his missing ship, thought Kenzie. "Is this about your ship?"

How can she know about it? Did the spell not work or did that bloody witch lie to me? He thought and then asked, "Aye, how did you know... Nevermind. Do you know what happened to it? "

"Erm... Maybe, " she replied not wanting to tell him who took it, because Emma had been nice so she didn't want to betray her trust by telling him exactly what happened to it.

"If you know what happened to it, tell me, " he demanded.

"Alright, I'll tell you where it is but just so you know I wasn't the one who took it," Kenzie said, just in case he thought that she was the one who took it.

"Who did then?" He asked her suspicious because if she knew about his ship and that it belonged to him, it was obvious that she had some part in its disappearance.

"If you really must know it was The Crocodile," she let slip out and she hoped by telling him that he wouldn't find out that Emma was also responsible for taking it. "And you know your little assassination on him didn't work. Plus he didn't look much like a crocodile to me, " Kenzie added.

"Then I guess I need a new way to get my revenge, " he said.

"What did he take from you because it can't be just your hand? If that was the case your lust for vengeance would be a bit over the top, " she wondered.

"You're right he did take more than that from me, " he replied.

"What was it if you don't mind me asking?"

"The woman I love," Hook answered.

"I'm sorry, " Kenzie said.

"Well, that's why he's going to pay. That's why I want my revenge, but first, I'm getting my ship back, " he stated.

"It's back in Storybrook. How are you going to get there?" Kenzie pointed out.

"I don't know, take a ride in one of those things, " he answered pointing at a car.

"You mean a car?"

"Aye, a car, " he said.

" I have a car. I can drive you there but first I need to stop by my apartment for a few things, " she offered. She had been planning on going to go back to Storybrook in a few days but going early wouldn't hurt.

Plus driving him there would force them to talk unless they sat there in silence but anyway it could allow her to get to know him.

"You'd take me there?"

"Yeah, " she answered.

There was no way she'd offer to help just like that not when she knew who he was. No, she wouldn't offer to help unless she was after something in return, that or she was trying to trick him. "What is it you want in return?"

"I don't want anything, I just want to help and I was planning on going back to Storybrook eventually anyway, " she said.

"You're just going to take me to Storybrook for nothing?"

"Yeah, like I said I was planning on going back anyway, so why not go a little earlier, " Kenzie said. "Come along, then Captain," she added, with the smile she had been trying to hold back and started walking.

"To where?"

"To my apartment so I can get what I need and then we can go get your ship back, " she answered.

"Right, " he said and followed her.

They walked to Kenzie's apartment building and then enter. When they reached the door to her home, she got out her keys and unlocked the door. "Stay here. I won't belong," she told Hook and went inside.

Over 10 minutes had passed so Hook entered, getting bored of standing outside and was worried something had happened because she was currently the only way he had of getting back to his ship.

He looked around the room. The walls were an off-white colour and paintings of ocean waves and beaches decorated them. The couch was a light shade of blue and the kitchen area was white but the top of the counters was black.

As for the furniture, there was a small cabinet, a shelving unit that occupied many different books and some other things that Hook hadn't seen before. They were DVDs and CDs. There was also a tv stand with a tv on the top, which was something else he didn't know the use or the name of yet and there was also a small table near the couch that had various things scattered about it.

When Kenzie returned she has a small suitcase and a bag strapped across her shoulder. "I thought I told you to stay outside," she said, glaring at him and lowering her eyebrows. Seriously, he couldn't just remain outside like told, she thought as she picked up the keys she had put on the coffee table before she had gone to her bedroom to get her things.

"I got bored of waiting and you said you were only picking up something so I thought you'd be in and out and when you weren't I thought you might be in trouble," he replied.

"Sure you did," she spoke sarcastically, raising her eyebrows this time.

"You like the sea I see, " he pointed out looking back at the paintings on the wall.

"Yeah, I do. Let's go then," she answered heading for the door.

"I thought you said you were only stopping by to pick up a few things," said Hook looking at her suitcase and bag as he walked behind her.

"Yeah, well I don't plan on coming back here for a while, " she answered and then turned around to lock the door. Kenzie then turned back around, putting her keys away and added, "let's get going then."

She started walking and he followed her out of the building. And towards her car, where they both came to a stop and she took out her keys again to unlock the car. After she walked around to the trunk of the car, popped open the lid and placed it in her suitcase and bag. Kenzie lowered the lid and made her way back to the side of her car.

She opened the door to the driver's seat and got in. Once Hook was in as well, Kenzie started up the car engine. StoryBrook awaited.