𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 7

Not having a particular place to sleep that night, Kenzie headed back to her car and finished her food and then laid down in the back to sleep.

The next morning when she woke someone was knocking on her car window. Sitting bolt upright she rubbed her tired eyes and quickly looked to the window to see The Mayor, glaring at her.

Kenzie reached over to lower the window. "Hey, Regina what's up?" She asked, hoping that she hadn't parked in a restricted area.

She hadn't seen any signs or double lines indicating that no parking was allowed but she could have missed them as it was dark and she had been exhausted.

"I thought you went back to New York," Regina pointed out.

"I did but I came back," she replied.

"Ok, great," Regina said.

"Do you have a problem being here?" Kenzie asked.

"No none," she replied.

"I'm not parked in a restricted spot, am I?" Kenzie wondered.

"No, you're fine," The Mayor answered.

"Ok, good," stated Kenzie and then added, "well I'm going to stop for a bit so I kinda need somewhere to sleep other than my car seats. Are there any motels or anything?" Kenzie asked her.

"Yeah, there's Granny's just around the block," Regina told her pointing in the direction of Granny's.

"Ok thank you," Kenzie spoke and then added, "I'm sorry about what happened to your mom by the way."

"It's not you who needs to be sorry. It's Snow White, " she said.

"Hmmm... Ok well, I better go look for Granny's so I'll catch you later Regina," Kenzie told her.

"Later," acknowledged Regina as she walked away.

Kenzie stretched again and let out a yawn, then proceeded by putting on her shoes. Once they were on she opened her car door and grabbed her bag. Before heading towards Granny's she locked the doors.

Now, she began to approach a building that had a huge sign on the outside that read, Granny's that had a fence out front. There was also a table and chairs. She had found it.

Kenzie groggily walked inside. The place was quiet except for a few people eating and chatting and an old woman behind the counter giving the familiar young dark-haired women orders. She approached the counter and sat down in one of the many seats.

"Hi," she then called to the old lady behind the counter.

The old woman turned around to look at Kenzie and then walked towards her. "Hi, you're new here aren't you?" She questioned.

"I am," Kenzie answered, with a yawn.

"It's nice to see a new face around here. So what can I get for you?" The woman asked her.

"Erm... Well,l I was trying to find a place to stay," Kenzie told her.

"We have some rooms vacant. How long do you plan on staying?"

"I'm not sure," Kenzie replied.

"Well you are more than welcome to rent out a room for as long as you need," the old woman offered.

"Thanks, " Kenzie said.

"Now, is there anything else I do for you, food-wise?" She asked Kenzie.

"Ok, yeah do you do pancakes?" Kenzie wondered.

They did so she ordered some and after eating and after being given the keys to a room Kenzie makes her way back to her car to get her things. Once she has them from her trunk she heads back.