18 - religion is a safe haven for some

Felix's POV:

November 16

I woke up to the feeling of Changbin wrapping his arms around me, squinting as I opened my eyes. I was confused, whining a bit from being so sleepy. Changbin just held me tighter, whispering, "ssshhh... It's ok."

He rubbed his palm over my stomach, smiling as I felt him kiss the back of my neck. He's so comfy right now, the way his muscular upper body holds onto me tight. I can even feel the muscles in his chest pressed against my back, and it's soothing to me. It's weird how protected and secure I feel when he holds me like this. I don't know what it is about him, but he's just so cozy.

I brought my hand up and held his, hugging it against my chest. He chuckled at me lightly, snuggling towards me when he felt like he wasn't close enough, "You're so warm." He whispered, feeling his breath against the back of my neck.

I smiled lightly, squeezing his hand as I replied, "So are you."

When my eyes fell on the clock, I giggled that it was already eleven in the morning, "We really slept in, huh?"

My voice was deep and raspy like it is every morning since waking up isn't really my thing. I felt the weight shift on the bed, realizing that Changbin had picked his head up to look at the clock when I saw how he was hovering over me slightly. He just sighed, still holding onto me from behind as he lowered his head into the crook of my neck, "I'm still sleeping."

I giggled again, bringing my hand up to place on his cheek, "Are you saying you don't want pancakes?"

"When did I ever say that?" He quickly replied, the smile growing on my face.

"I'll go start them, ok?"

He nodded, feeling his cheek rub against mine. He turned his head and kissed my temple, "I just need a minute to wake up." He said, seeming a bit groggy.

He hugged me for a few more seconds before loosening his hold and rolling onto his back. It felt kind of cold when he moved away, but I wanted to make us breakfast. I sat up, rubbing my eyes as I took the covers off me. I turned to Changbin before I stood up, smiling at how he had closed his eyes again. I leaned down towards him, placing a hand on his chest so I didn't scare him. I gently kissed his forehead, whispering, "Come down when you're ready."

He nodded as I pulled away, "Five minutes, tops." He replied, grabbing the edge of the blanket and snuggling it a little bit.

He looked so fluffy right now, his hair messy and seeming like he was so peaceful in this moment. It made me smile wider just thinking about it, getting up from the bed and making my way out of my bedroom. I quietly closed the door behind me to give him some peace, heading down the stairs as I ran my fingers through my hair to fix it a little. I haven't even seen myself in the mirror yet, but I know how disheveled it gets in the morning.

When I was halfway down the stairs, I saw Channie on his laptop in the living room. He seemed to be comfy on the couch, but immediately turned to me when he heard my footsteps, "Lix!..." He whisper-yelled, hurrying to put his laptop to the side and trot over to me. I'm not quite sure what the rush was about, but he was quick to add, "What's up with you and Changbin? You never said anything about you two dating."

I scrunched my eyebrows, feeling my heart drop, "W-What? Where'd you get that idea?"

"I saw you two last night when I got home..."

"Lix! I'm home!..." I yelled as I came through the door, announcing my presence so he wouldn't freak out when he saw me. I was expecting a salutation back, but was confused when I didn't get one. I was quiet as I closed and locked the front door, but called out again, "Felix?"