Chapter 1

A/N: Some chapters WILL include swearing & spoiling the show. If you haven't watched Wizards of Waverly Place yet, I highly recommend you watch all the episodes first before reading this. This will also take place in 2019-2022 but pretend that Max still has his powers. :))

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

(Y/N's POV)

Man, I cannot catch a break today. I was forced to do tryouts for volleyball that I barely made by the way, turn in a painting of 12 cats because Tribeca Prep loved Harper's painting so much they wanted to see who could make the best replica, and I have to run to tell the Russo's I'm having a sleepover at another friend's house in another state so I'll be gone for like 5 days or so.

After finally arriving at the Sub Shop, I couldn't catch my breath.

"Mrs... Russo... where... are... the others..." I puff.

"Oh mija, you need to drink some water and take a seat!" She offered.

"No worries... I just need to know... where the siblings are..." I still puff.

I wanted to tell Justin first about the whole sleepover schedule so I can get it over with. We may fight over the silliest things, but I will miss seeing him everyday because of how much I like him.

"I'm sure most of them are all upstairs, one's on the couch, one's in their room, and one went to a painting lesson." She replied

"Alright, do me a steadfast & tell Alex I'll be gone for a few days. Thanks!" I said.

"Weird, have you and Alex been skipping English classes recently?" Mrs. Russo questions.

"I- no- um-" I stutter, then make a dash for the stairs.

I unlocked the door to the Russo's welcoming home and first spotted Justin Russo on the couch watching some sort of volcano show with 3d glasses on. Oh this will be good. I creep up behind him and tap him lightly on the shoulder.

"AH DON'T HURT ME!" Justin shrieked. Gosh what a cry baby.

I burst out laughing while he tries to catch his breath.

"That was so unfunny Y/N." Justin complained. "Why did you even come into our apartment?

"Alright here it goes." I take a deep breath and sat next to him on the couch. "I'm visiting a friend from another state and maybe have a sleepover with him so I'll be gone for at most a week."

"Awe man..." Justin sighed. "Oh well, bye bye!"

That son of a bitch shows no sympathy. I know we argue all the time but this hit me personally. I should shake it off, he wouldn't mean it. I still turn off the show he was watching before walking into Max's room. Come to think of it, I'm really the only person who can deal with the smell of his moldy marshmallows with asparagus. But trust me, it's disgusting.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

(Max's POV)

I sat on my bed, shuffling through my old memories of stuff but I opened the door when I heard someone do the secret knock. It must be Y/N.

"Oh wassup dude!" She greets me.

What's up dude? Justin gets "Hi lovey-dovey" & "Hey sweetheart" and all I get is bumkis. So unfair.

"That's not fair!" I whine with a pout.

"What's not fair? All I did was say hello." Y/N questions.

Fuck. Why did I say that? She probably thinks I'm a freak and have jelly beans for brains.

"It's unfair that... um... you're able to... find your pair of socks that match but I'm not able to find mine!" I stammer.

Yeah, that works fine. Again, if it all goes wrong they can figure that I'm just an idiot.

"Uh, ok Maxi." She replied as she sat with me on the bed. "Look, I wanna talk about something and I want you to stay calm because it will feel unusual for the next week. Maybe because of how much we hangout with each other."

Oh my god, is this actually happening? Will she finally be confessing to me about her feelings!?

"I'm visiting another friend and staying with them for a few days, but the problem is that they live in another state. I won't be able to talk to you or your family for a week at most unless you guys call or text me."

Crap.

"Is this 'friend' a boy?" I worry.

"Yeah, he is. I already told Justin but he took it way too easily." Y/N started tearing up.

"OK look. I already know you liked Justin for at least a few years now. But the thing is that no matter how wimpy, scrawny, nerdy, skinny, delicate he looks, he'll want to be brave and scary on the inside. That's probably why he said 'bye' so carelessly. Don't worry, you still have a couple more hours with us right?" I lectured as Y/N laid her head on my shoulder and I hug her. This gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. Eh, it's probably because of how I am with her. Yep.

"Actually I only have 15 minutes to be here." She adds.

"...What did you say?"

"We leave today." Y/N repeats.

"That's still as bad Y/N, you just worded it differently!" I said.

She chuckled. Y/N took photos of us before she headed for the door. It may have been my imagination but I think I spotted a photo of us together at the beach set up as her home screen, the same one where that fortune telling guy gave Alex a "bad" fortune when really we could have gotten $1000000. But that was so cute and nice of Y/N. Still miss that beard and mustache though.

It's gonna be no fun without her. Oh! Maybe I should contact her right now. I took out my phone to call Y/N. She answered.

"Max, I'm fucking downstairs!" Y/N snapped.

"Did you clone yourself? I can hear whatever is downstairs through the phone too." I asked.

"...Dingus." She muttered as she hung up.

Yeah, she totally cloned herself.

□□□□□□□□□□

btw you have powers and both the Russo's and your family know that they all have powers