VIII

"Hello everybody, it's me, Gun Atthaphan Phunsawat. Today, we've all gathered here, on this lovely evening, to celebrate, the incoming, of our two new members. Inviting on stage, Khun Nanon Korapat Kirdpan and Khun Mix Sahaphap Wongratch. Please give them a big round of applause."

Both Mixxiw and Nanon stood by the stage and smiled. Further, when asked to come up on the stage they gently bowed to the crowd and stepped up.

Nanon took the mic first and thanked everybody for a such a welcoming and heartwarming party and later, Mixxiw did the same.

Ohm sat at the farthest table and watched the whole scene unfold. He honestly wasn't feeling it that evening, but was trying his best to look happy. It's not like he was completely unhappy, he was happy, for Nanon. However due to some reason, he had this gut feeling that something bad was about to happen so he was trying his level best to stay alert and avoid any mis-happenings. 

Krist walked over to Ohm's table after the speech had ended and sat beside him taking the other by surprise.

"Um Sir?" was the only thing Ohm managed to say.

"Hello Pawat" Krist innocently smiled at him confusing him even more.

"H-hello sir"

"you look a bit tensed. something bothering you?"

"No sir, of course not. Nothing is bothering me."

"Then what happened? Are you not comfortable with me sitting here?" He grinned.

"I totally am sir, I just wasn't expecting you to, out of the all the people here, sit with me. That's it."

"Haha but I can right?"

"Sure sir! you certainly can!"

"Good to know" Krist picked up the glass of water placed in front of him and started drinking from it observing the other.

"Why do you have two glasses of water here? Was somebody supposed to be with you?" Krist asked.

"Khun Phunsawat was originally sitting here with me, but I guess now he's with Khun Adulkittiporn there at the corner." Ohm pointed towards the two people chatting at the back right corner of the room.

-----------

"Gun, are you drunk?"

"No!! Of course not! see? I can walk!" Off sighed sitting on the bar stool watching the other trying his hardest to stand still.

"Your feet are wobbly."

"No they're not! I am in control of myself and aware of everything that's happening around me!"

"oh yeah? then can I tell you something?"

"Hell you can! it's not like anybody can hear us back here." Gun said and energetically bounced back to sit on his stool.

"Fine then. Uh... I still remember, I was sitting beside my mom on the bed and had been scrolling through my phone. This is from about an year ago. Ai' Mond sent me a video he probably recorded that day at the office and coincidentally, actually, unfortunately, I was on a leave that day. The time showed exactly twelve on the clock. I can never forget that day or that feeling.

I fell in love with you at midnight. You were smiling in that video and I felt entranced and mesmerized by your beauty. Your smile, it could possibly be the best thing to look at first on each new day. I know I missed your first day here but l can say it with certainty, that if you let me, I want to be there with you till your last and not just with this company. I wanna be there for you, forever.

Right now, it's highly unlikely that you would remember all of this by tomorrow. You're shitfaced drunk but I could seriously keep watching you smile like that at me."