III

"You are three hours late. Explain yourself."

Ohm simply stood by the door and rubbed his nape. His boss, out of the blue decided to start on a new project and burdened the people of all departments with more work. Almost the entire evening Ohm had been invested in that and the chaos at the company made him forget about his boyfriend's orders.

He looked elsewhere trying to avoid making an eye contact with Singto. He slowly dragged his right foot back and forth on the ground clearly not knowing how to explain the whole problem to Singto.

"Could you at least answer me back? Say something? Anything?"

"I don't know how to explain myself phi... I just had a lot of work to do which i wasn't expecting I would be..."

"Fine, come in and have your dinner."

"So.. you're forgiving me?? That easily??" He cheered gleefully and entered the house walking behind Singto who smiled at the other's reaction.

"Just this once."

"You're the best! I knew that i wasn't wrong in falling for you back in college when you were giving that speech standing on the stage." He wiped his fake tears off.

Singto looked at him in disbelief, shaking his head. "Done being dramatic? Or there's more left to the show?"

Ohm giggled in response and placed his bag on the couch."I'm done, let's have dinner."

--------

Tossing and turning lying on the bed Ohm felt himself growing more and more restless thinking about how things would turn out if Singto doesn't agree. One final time, he turned to face the wall though he sort of felt uncomfortable in this as he found comfort only when he covered more than half of the bed with his hands and legs in all directions.

Singto quietly lay next to him facing the ceiling and felt Ohm shifting in his position from time to time. He also contemplated over whether he should agree with what Ohm wanted or not. He wasn't the type to turn people's offers down and stay indoors but this time he just didn't feel very good about the whole thing. He was worried that something might happen that'd be too much to handle when he's already stressed about his work. He also wanted to meet Ohm's colleagues when he was at his best. 'The perfect image' is what he has always wanted for himself everywhere.

"Fine." Singto said, aware of the fact that Ohm had been awake all this time. He had observed Ohm enough before when he was asleep to know that he lays like a log in the corner for hours with no movement at all when he's actually sleeping.

In seconds Ohm turned to face him and supported his face by his hand looking down at Singto. "Seriously??"

"Yeah... It's not like I have a choice."

Ohm chortled and watched Singto closely who was still looking at the ceiling.

"Are you counting the stars in the sky?" Ohm said and smiled looking up at the ceiling himself.

"What?"

"I know they're beautiful but I'd really appreciate some attention here."

"I am paying attention to you." Singto said finally facing Ohm.

"That's right. Keep looking at me and keep showing me your precious smile." He quipped.

"Only if you promise to not make that long face again?"

"Promise!" Ohm giggled like a child and locked pinkies with Singto. He layed down next to Singto comfortably and crossed an arm over his torso. Both silently stared at the ceiling.