II

"No means no"

"But phi!" Ohm went round the kitchen counter to the side where Singto was standing and shook him by the shoulders. "You have to!"

"It's on my birthday!" Singto resumed chopping the vegetables as Ohm continued.

"You agreed to it yesterday though!"

"I didn't know what date it was on!" Ohm also kept a watch on Singto's hand worrying that he might cut himself.

"Listen phi-" Singto raised the knife towards Ohm with which he was chopping the vegetables and Ohm backed a few steps away.

"I have to get ready after this too, we can discuss about your dinner later."

"But-" Receiving stern eyes from Singto Ohm's shoulders slumped down and he silently walked out of the kitchen with Singto eyes following him from behind.

Once Ohm was out of sight Singto quickly finished with preparing the breakfast and ran to the bed room to get changed.

In the meantime Ohm had already taken a shower and was putting his office clothes on. He kept on thinking about the different ways using which he could convince Singto. He had many reasons to do so. Firstly, he would simply get to spend time with him, second, him and Singto could have a sort of a date and enjoy themselves which they hadn't done for as long as he could remember, third, he didn't want to leave Singto alone on his birthday and fourth, he didn't want to attend that thing alone when he had a choice.

Singto entered the room and spared Ohm a look who was standing in the corner lost in his own thoughts.

"Could you hurry up?" He said. Ohm blinked a few times and looked at him.

"Huh?" Singto directed his gaze towards his shirt which was yet unbuttoned. Ohm looked in the direction of Singto's line of sight and went "oh, uh yeah. I'll quickly do it." After the short conversation Singto rushed to the bathroom and Ohm resumed with his dressing up. He wore his shoes and walked down to the kitchen to pick up his breakfast he'd be eating on his way to the company. He was anyway late. He left the house with his bag, car keys and coat, all of those in his hands on the verge of tumbling off.

If Krist Perawat could, he would sit in his office the entire day. Ohm even wondered if he ever let himself have a wink of sleep. Krist never accepted anybody being late or giving in desultory work.

Next, Singto rushed down the staircase and picked one sandwich for himself. He anyway had his tiffin packed for the day. Ohm didn't like carrying lunch boxes with him because he'd end up misplacing them somewhere each time.

Singto called for Ohm standing at the doorstep incase he was still in the house. Hearing no response back he quickly locked the door and rushed to his car.

Honking all the way, on the road, he finally stopped in front of the super Mart. The traffic tested all of his patience in the same day. He quickly jogged inside and went to the drinks section. After having picked his usual, he walked to the counter. Tapping his feet getting impatient, he kept on taking glances at the computer placed on the counter, on which the guy was typing in some numbers.

This person has got to be kidding me!

"How long will it take?" He finally managed to ask.

"Just a minute sir." The other calmly replied.

If it was some other day i would've-

"Done, sir, thank you for shopping at ours." The guy politely bowed. Singto waved his hand obliging and walked out.

He popped his can open and took a sip sighing at the refreshing taste. The ringing of his phone almost made him spill some of his drink.

"Hello?"