Chapter 41 - Back To Reality

Magsimula sa umpisa

[Oh, you didn’t tell me. I’ll visit you tomorrow then?] He paused and wait for an answer but I just didn’t have the strength to open my mouth because I know if I did, I would be crying all over the phone. Taking a deep breath, I accendentaly sobbed. I heard him sigh on the other line. [Wait, are you… are you crying?]  

“I’m sorry. Okay lang ako. Things are just complicated right now.”

A car passed undeniably fast and almost hit me. The car’s honk pounded through my brain. [What the hell?! Where are you Allyson??!] I heard shuffled footsteps on the other line and a dangling of keys, probably house and car keys. [Trina! Susunduin ko lang si Ally!] I heard him call out to her wife. [Ally, answer me. Where the hell are you??]

“Okay lang ako. I just want to be alone—“

[Allyson!]

“I’m in front of Blake and I’s house before.”

[Stay there. Papunta na ako. Don’t go anywhere.]

And with that, I sat on the pavement and just stared into the house while cradling myself and crying silently.

Luke’s P.O.V.

Rain started pouring right after I left home. I drove my SUV as fast as I could and finally after an hour, I saw her sitting in the pavement drenched in wet clothes while she is already shivering. I hurriedly went out of the car and brought an umbrella to her.

I called out her name but didn’t even flinch and just continued to stare at their old house. I shook her shoulders to gain back her senses. She looked at me with those stunning brown eyes and pale face.

“Are you okay?” She just nodded. I reached out for her hand and helped her stand up. Her hand felt like it was almost burning. Her cheeks were flushed but her lips looked pale. I touched her forehead and it felt really hot. “How long have you been sitting here? Bakit hindi ka man lang humanap ng place na hindi ka mauulanan?”

“I… I don’t know. I’ve been here for almost an hour and it just started raining…” I wrapped my jacket around her and helped her get inside the car. I turned the air condition off but she still continued shivering. “Luke… There’s someone there…”

“Si Blake lang yun, Ally. Calm down. Ang taas ng lagnat mo.”

“No. No, its not Blake… He’s with… his family now….” Her voice was almost a whisper.

“Okay, okay. We’ll talk about this tomorrow. Just rest.”

“What happened to you? Luke just told me na kakadating niyo lang ha?” Trina asked Ally once she already changed into clothes that Trina lend her and settled in our living room. Ally’s tempreture seemed to go down after she took a hot shower and Trina made her drink some kind of juice because she refused to drink meds.

She started biting her lip and playing with her own fingers. “I just wanted to see our—his house. I just wanted to check if it changed or he sold it or something…”

“You could’ve had all the time to check on that house tomorrow, Ally. Pano if Luke hadn’t called you? Edi baka ngayon you’re already unconsciously lying there with high fever na.” Trina reached for her hand. She smiled weakly at us. “You could have just went straight here and talked to us if you have a problem. Luke and I are here for you.”