Fifty Nine | Blood Battle

Start from the beginning

Spinning around I see that the rouges numbers were around half. Some started to retreat while others fought till their last breathe. Respect. I see a rouge pull a gun out and point it at someone in the distance. Not knowing who it was pointed at I ran directly at the rouge, but it was too late. The gun fired just as I sunk my teeth into his throat.

A burning pain started in my stomach causing me to shift back screaming. I looked down, but seen no blood.. Goddess, please no! The rouges retreated as I looked around for Lucas.

"Lucas?! Lucas, where are you, baby? Lucas?!" I screamed with tears running down my face.
"Luna! Over here!" I hear Sean shout.

I take off running to them and drop to my knees beside them. Lucas was bleeding out of the middle of his stomach by no doubt a silver bullet. I started shaking while placing him head in my lap.

"Your Alpha has been shot! Get the medical team here now!" I demanded.
"They're on their way. See, right there." Sean pointed out and turning I see a sorrow filled Dr. David running to us.

I look down at Lucas who was just smiling at me. Why is he smiling? He's dying!

"Hey, Wolfie." I cood
"Peaches I-" He started, but started coughing up blood.
"Oh, Goddess. Don't talk baby. Just keep looking at me, okay? Just focus on me."

He nods at me as Dr. David reaches us with two other doctors. He drops down and looks at the wound while cursing.

"What is it? Is he going to be okay?"
"I have to get the bullet out, Luna." He states while getting his equipment together.
"Right now?!" I shrieked.
"Yes, Luna. Right now." He answered respectful.
"What if you have to open him up? What then?"
"We'll do it, then. I have most of the things I would need in my duffle bag." He answered while reaching into Lucas's wound.

Lucas yells out in pain causing me to cry harder. He looks back at me with tears in his eyes.

"Luna.. I have to cut him open. He's losing too much blood. I have to find the source and fix it before he bleed out" Dr. David rushes out.
"Fuck.. just.. make it quick. Will he pass out?"
"He might, but your job is to keep him distracted." He answers.

I nod my head and smile at Lucas.

"Just focus on me, Love. Do you wanna know the first thought I had of you and Sean?"

He smiled so I take that as a go ahead.

"Well, I though you were an ass and I hated sean." I laughed out, but continued.
"But then, you confused me. I didn't know you were mine so when you kept starring at me, then you growled at me during the meeting.. no one else heard it, but I did. I wondered why this hard ass Alpha was so focused on me, then it all made since. Since the day I found out you were my mate.. a part of me already loved you. We hurt each other, but in the end we came together.. you and I."

I started crying harder when he started coughing and and screaming with ever cut being made. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he passed out. A doctor took Sean's place and placed two IV's into him arm. Each IV connected to blood bags. She handed the to Sean to hold as he stood up so that the blood would gravitate down and into his arm.

I made a mistake and looked down to see what Dr. David was doing. I almost passed out from seeing my mate's insides. It's weird how I can rip someone apart with no feeling, but as soon as I look over and see my mates insides, it's makes me wanna puke. I wasn't grossed out, I just knew I never wanted to see him cut open like this again.

"I got the bullet and the bleeder. Give me more rags to get the blood out so I can start sewing up his wounds." Dr. David instructed the doctors.

When we both looked to the doctors, they were gone and helping someone else. I couldn't be mad and I told Dr. David the same thing. I went to place his head on the ground, but King Julien stopped me and went to the bag to grab more rags.

"Thank you."
"Don't thank me, Nova. I have you to thank. Without your warning, my daughter or someone else's daughter could have been taken so thank you." He expresses while hand rags to Dr. David.
"Alright, I'm closing him up. How's his breathing?" Dr. David ask's.

I lean my ear down and listen to his breathing and heart.

"His breathing is shallow and his heart is still going."
"Alright, in 10 minutes we're going to move him home. For now I'm going wrap him closed, then on the way home in the van, I'll stitch him up." He states.

I was a little iffy about the wrapping his up until he got him to the van part, but the feeling was squashed whenever the van pulled up beside us. They lifted him on a stretcher and placed him in the van. There wasn't enough room for me so I had to left him go.

I watched as the van pulled away and sunk back to my knees. Just because he's fine now, doesn't mean he is out of the woods... literally. We're in the middle of no where, 2 hours from home, and anything could happen. Tears started pouring out of my eyes until O ran to me. She dropped down in front of me and pulled me into her. We say there for 20 minutes while I cried and she cried for me. After all the tears, I pulled back.

"Thank you."
"I'm always here for you, Nova. Always!" She says while hugging me again to which I hugged her back tighter.
"Did you get hurt?"
"No, I made it to the tree in time." She answers.

King Julien came up with my dad, Noah, and Sean and he helped us up, but my legs gave out from the exhaustion. Sean ran and grabbed me and set me on the ground placing a tee shirt over my head. I had just realized I was naked.. oh that's awkward...

He picked me back up and we all said our goodbyes. Noah, my dad, and their men headed back to their pack. King Julien and O instructed their army's to go back to California while they came back to our pack. Sean carried me to the car while instructing our army to head home as well. He placed me in the back seat where O sat next to me, King Julien took the passenger seat, and Noah drove.

As we started our 2 hour journey away from the battlefield of a fight we won, we headed home to our pack where my mate will be waiting for me. I laid down placing my head on O's lap while she plaid with my hair. My tears still crawled their ways out of my eyes as the tree's and clouds from outside flew by.

I prayed to the Moon Goddess longer than I have ever done before. I told her if fate had to take one of us, tell him to take me, because if he goes before I do...

There will be two holes that the pack will dig. I refuse to live in this world without my other half. I won't do it.. nothing could stop me. Nobody...

*****

*Feedback*

QOTC: What was the saddest chapter so far?

Mine: Taken!

W/C: 2,033