Two | Alliances

Nova:

I wake up drenched in sweat with tears rolling down my cheek while looking around the room till my eyes fall on my alarm clock. It read 6:25 a.m. I always dream about the of day my mom passing around important events of my life. This important event just happens to be my 21st birthday. It's like my subconscious is making me remember her so I don't forget her but how could I ever forget her. I see her every time I look into the mirror.. I see her eyes looking right back at me. I have my mom's beautiful light brown eyes and I couldn't be more thankful towards the moon goddess for that blessing.

I look next to me when I feel a slight movement and see my girlfriend Nala is starting to wake up. I've known her my whole life and when she shifted on her birthday which is a day after mine and Noah's my wolf Gracie and her wolf Violet imprinted on each other. It's not like when you find your mate but it like a protective instinct we now share with each other. We would do anything for each other. She's literally my whole world and we would choose each other over our future mates any day.

It's not like I need a mate anyways. According to my dad, a mate will make me weak and make me lose focus on my destiny.. The future Beta of the New Moon pack. My dad is the Alpha so he has high expectations for my twin brother and I.

I lean over to gently kiss Nala on the cheek and let her finish waking up so that wouldn't be late for training at 7:00.
The pack warriors and trackers train every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday while taking Tuesday, Thursday, and the weekend off. Training is the best way to start the day. It keeps my body toned and my fighting skills strong.

Not that I'm much of a competition to an average wolf. Noah and I both have Alpha blood running through our veins since we were the first born of my fathers and twins. Its not that rare but it doesn't happen often. I climb out of bed with Nala in tow and we make our way to the my shower to get ready for the day.

"Did you have the dream again?" Nala asks carefully not to anger or upset me for prying.
She found out about my dreams when they started happening because I needed her when i had the first one. Seeing her worry for me made me love her that much more.
"Yea.."

I make sure I'm turned away from her to hide my tears. I don't like crying because it make's me feel week. I'm a strong woman and don't show my emotions to no one or at all. When I do cry that's how you know that I'm truly hurt.

"I love you" she says after giving me a moment to pull myself together while giving me a quick tender kiss on my neck.

I look at her to return a kiss and smile while replying I love you more Before climbing out of the shower smelling like fresh Lavender. After getting dressed we make our way down the stairs of the pack house. I hear my dad and Noah's voice's but as I walk into the room they go quiet. Weird... They then share a look between each other then my dad looks at me.

"There won't be any training for today. We are about to have a pack meeting to discuss yours and Noah's birthday party for tomorrow night." My father states.

I look at him to see him smiling at Noah and I.

"What are you smiling about?"
"My pups are growing up so fast. One pup is to be my handsome replacement and the other.. a beautiful Beta.." He says shakily.

I look him in his Icy blue eyes to see unshed tear.

"Oh dad, you're gonna make me cry!"

We all burst out into laughter. After we calmed down my dads eyes glazed over.

(This is what the mind link looks like)

"Anyone that is needed for the party arrangement tomorrow please make you way to the pack meeting grounds behind the pack house." My father commands through the mind link to the whole pack.

A chorus of "Yes Alpha" replies back so with that being said I grab 2 apples and toss one to Nala while we all walk out of the pack house. We didn't have time to eat so this will have to do till lunch. While we were walking to the meeting grounds my dad stops in his tracks and looks at my brother while mind linking him. After a few minutes they both finally turn to look at me.

"Nala sweetie can you give us a moment with Nova please?" My dad asks while smiling at her.
"Of course, Alpha. I'll be waiting for you over there, Novie." She says as she starts to walk away after pointing to the spot next to the stage.
"Okay."
"Nova, there's something we think you should know since you'll be my Beta when dad retires." Noah states while looking between me and my father.
"What's going on? It this about you two getting all quiet when I walked into the kitchen this morning?"

My dad starts chuckling at the face I'm probably making.

"Yes. We just didn't know if we should tell you now or not, but I decided to because it only right that you know since you'll be Noah's Beta. As you know we are the 3rd biggest pack in the country and we have many alliances with packs that are ranked lower than us. Your brother has decided that it would be best to strengthen our relationship with those two packs above us." My father states.

When those words left his mouth I think my eyeballs popped out of their sockets.

"But dad... or should I said but Noah. You do realize that the Red Dawn pack most likely won't even think twice about creating an alliance with us. They don't care about alliances that much, you know why? Because they don't need them for a reason! They would never meet us or even entertain this idea."
"Well I'm glad you think they won't because Beta Marcus has contacted Red Dawn's Alpha and Beta and they have agreed to meet us tonight." My father said proudly knowing I would be shocked.
"Wow.. Really?"
"Really." My dad and brother both replied back laughing about the fact that I was wrong.
"Come on, we have a party to discuss then we'll meet them tonight." Dad said while turning around and walking towards the meeting

*****

*Feedback*

QOTC: What is your favorite childhood memory?

Mine: Building snowmen when I used to live in Colorado!

W/C: 1,157