George pt.2

George's POV

Uncomfortably sitting on the floor, I listen to any movement on her side of the door. Its coming to 40 minutes of patiently waiting. I let my head rest on the door with my eyes closed, only opening them to look at what the others were doing.

Nick sat impatiently, literally at the edge of his seat. He mostly stared at either me or the door, watching for anything to happen. Clay kept an eye on both Nick and I. Karl seemed lost in thought as Alex tried cheering everyone up, no one payed any attention to him, eventually he gave up and kept quiet.

I stare at the ceiling until suddenly I hear her speak for the first time in almost an hour. "George, are you still there?" I must have been lot in thought since I hadn't heard her move to the door until now. "I- yeah... I'm here"

This time I wait impatiently for her. Her once harsh voice, was now soft again, nervous even. Although it had only been around an hour since she spoke, I had missed the sound of any and everything she said. Ever since I heard her real voice, I couldn't get enough of it. I never wanted to hear the old one ever again. I loved to hear how sweet it was when she said my name, how she could make anything sound flirty or dirty. I'd listen to anything she said, even if it was gibberish.

Without more then the warning of the lock switching, she pulled the door open causing me to fall back. She looks down at me with puffy eyes and a blank expression. I stay still, not sure what to do, and most likely looking stupid in the process. Looking away from me, she shifts uncomfortably after staring at something for a good minute. Glancing back down at me, she utters "can you come in here... please?" Finally I move so I'm sitting up, getting a look at what she was staring at. To no surprise, everyone was watching  her. Quickly I get to my feet while nodding.

After entering the room, she closes the door behind us. As soon as she turned to face me, I began apologizing profusely "I'm so sorry y/n, I never meant to hurt you, I'd never mean to hurt you. You have every right to be-" "It's ok, you didn't hurt me George. I'm just sensitive to talking about it all. I'm sorry I took it out on you, you don't deserve that." She looked so anxious, I'm not the best with comforting others considering I'm bad with my words most of the time. So I just hugged her.

I rested my chin on her shoulder once my arms were wrapped around her. Her arms stay to her side as if she's didn't know how to hug back. She tenses up as I draw her close. The tension stays as her heart speeds up and breath gets heavy. As I go to pull away, she finally picks her shaking arms up and around my body. Faint sobs pass her lips causing me to try pulling back again to look at her. However she doesn't release her hold, instead stuffs her face into my chest, muffling her cries.

We stood there for a while. I rubbed circles along her back, whispering little things her and there such as "it's ok, let it out", "I'm here"and "I got you, don't worry." She held on tight as she cried into my chest, her grip never faltered. Eventually she eases down, loosening her hold. I take this as a go ahead to pull back, but not fully.

Her arms drop as mine move to her shoulders. "I'm not going anywhere ok, you don't need to worry about me. I'm always gonna be here for anything. I'll be here even when you don't want me to be." I give her a small smile as she looks at me for a second before looking to the floor. She nods a little, but she still had that look in her face. A pained and doubtful look.

I study her as she picked at her nails. Her face had pink tinting around her eyes and nose. Fresh tears stained her cheeks and coated her lashes. Her eyes were quite red, making her iris stand out. I hated how she wasn't looking at me, causing my view of her eyes to be vague.

Thinking about it, I decide to bring my hands off her shoulders to cuff her face bring me gaze back to me. She stares wide eyed as I run my thumbs over her damp cheeks until they were dry again. I look back at her eyes when she placed her hands on my wrists. I thought she was gonna move them, yet she just kept them there.

Taking a step closer, our height difference becomes more noticeable. It wasn't extremely but it was enough for her to have to look up. I give her a smile as I look her over again. This time stopping at her lips. Once pouting lips changed to slightly parted one's. Even though she just cried, she looked beautiful.

I knew I liked y/n, I just thought it was best to ignore those feelings as I assumed I had not chance. But as I analyze the position, I question my judgment.

I return my eyes to hers only to see hers looking lower. A blush appears on my face as I understand she too was looking at my lips. Taking one more step closer, she snaps out of her trance to look back in my eyes. Flickering back and forth between her lips and eyes, I move down closer until unease passes her expression. Stopping my movement, she stays where she is confusing me if she wanted this or not. Finally I just ask.

"Can I kiss you?" My brows turned in worried I read this wrong, and that I made her uncomfortable. I watch carefully as her gaze softens into a smile. I begin pulling away as she looks away, not wanting to cross anymore lines then I already had. Taking my hands away, she stops my actions by pulling my wrist back to herself. She places one of my hands back to holding her face as I watch like an idiot. She keeps her stare on my eyes this time. She sees my oblivious state and let's go from positioning my hand to place her own hands on each side on my face like I was before. In one swift motion, her lips were on mine. It took not time to kiss back. I hold her face more freely and move my other hand to her waist.

It was a sweet kiss, caring and soft at first. I trace her jaw and stop at her chin, holding it between my thumb and index. I straighten up a bit as I tilt her head up while pulling her waist until she's pressed against me. She moves her hands to the back of my neck as I deepen the kiss. I moisturized her lips with my tongue preceding to slip between them. A breathless moan escapes her as I massage her waist during the kisses. Remembering the game from a few nights ago, I slide my hands that held her chin to her neck, adding pressure here and there. Each time she'd pull me closer, even though we're already as close as physically possible.

I kissed her with as much passion I could manage, getting just as much in return. The feeling of her lips caused my mind to fog, not wanting to ever breathe properly again if it meant I could keep kissing her like this.

We came to a sudden stop as a loud knock broke our kiss. "Hey is everything ok in there" Karl asked on the other side of the door. Y/n looked at the door nervously and brings her hands to my chest. Removing my hand from her neck I put it on her waist then responding with "yeah, we'll be out in a minute." Karl replies "ok" then walks away.

With a sign of relief, y/n places her head below my face leading me to put my chin on the top of her head. We catch our breath then separate quickly smoothing ourselves out. Without a word she steps into the bathroom, turning on the sink and splashing her face a couple times. Drying herself off with a towel she comes back out, "are you ok?"

The question startles her, confused she asks "huh?" I laugh at her confusion, finding it cute then repeating myself "are you ok?" Shaking her head quickly to clear her thoughts she answers "uh yeah, I think so."

Nodding, we stand there kinda awkwardly in silence. "..are you ready" "yeah" I wasn't. As we're about to leave, I turn her around to face me planting one more kiss on her lips before unlocking the door and exciting.

A/n: fuck cancer