June 2022 - 3rd Story Update

Hi! It's been a while. Just wanted to give a quick update on what's been happening behind the scenes. I'm still actively trying to work on Isaac's story, but my ADHD has been *majorly* getting in the way of progress. I have WAY too many ideas and I keep changing my mind on plot elements and character traits and it's just... extremely frustrating. I experienced this with the first two stories, but not to this extent. I've taken breaks, told myself to give it time, but not much is helping. I just get more random ideas that I jot down that just end up making things more complicated, lol. I think I'm just putting a lot of pressure on myself to write a great story. Even though it hasn't been that long, there are certain things in A Breath of Fresh Air and even Fox Squad that I cringe at and wish I could go back and remove/rewrite. I don't want that to be the case with this story, I want to get everything right the first time and deliver a high quality, authentic, emotional experience.

Because of that, I'm not setting a timeline. That wouldn't be fair to you or me. I honestly have no idea when I'm going to finally figure everything out and get this story written, but I'm committed. I'm not giving up on this. I've even already had cover art commissioned (scroll to the bottom to see!! It's incredible)

Writing is tough, and I have high ambitions for this project. There's a lot of subplots and little details that I want to weave throughout and I'm also taking great care to make my characters feel real and relatable by giving them a lot of random traits and quirks, which means there's a lot to plan and keep track of. It's daunting, but I'm taking it a day at a time.

Thanks for your understanding and patience :)

- Zack

P.S. I want to write some super short stories/scenes in the meantime so that I'm not driving myself mad by just focusing on this big story. Have any ideas? Let me know! It'd be fun to come up with some OC's or even use characters from my universe and put them into some interesting situations.

As a sort of reward for reading I guess, here is a sneak peek of sorts! The story cover art, once again thanks to the immensely talented grayskyluna - drop everything you're doing and follow them on Instagram and Twitter (after you admire this awesomesauce drawing, of course 😝)

Isaac is driving, and now you know what he looks like! The other two characters you'll meet in due time, and I'm pretty sure you'll adore them. Even if they don't all adore each other...👀

👀