Chapter 5

Ashton's POV: Before I finally decided to go to bed, I went upstairs to check on Ramona and Sapphire, when I went in the room to check on Ramona; I noticed that Kaitlin was lying next to a sleeping Ramona and that she had tear stains on her face.

Ashton: Kaitlin.

* Kaitlin groans *

Ashton: Sweetie.

Kaitlin: Yes. * She says sleepily *

Ashton: Are you coming to bed?

Kaitlin: Not tonight, I'm going to stay with Ramona.

Ashton: Did she have that same nightmare again?

Kaitlin: Yes, and she had a nightmare about what happened to her dad.

Ashton: Really?

Kaitlin: Yes, she was screaming No and then she woke up crying.

Ashton: Poor thing. * He says frowning *

Kaitlin: She asked me to stay with her for a while and I said yes. * She says getting out of the bed before walking to their master bedroom to put on some pajamas and putting her hair in a messy bun *

Ashton: Okay. * He says waiting for Kay Kay to come back before he went to check on Sapphire *

KK: Thanks for waiting until I got back.

Ashton: No problem, I'm going to check on Sapphire and then go to bed.

KK: Okay, I love you babe.

Ashton: I love you too baby.

KK: Good night. * She says before kissing Ashton on the lips *

Ash: Good night. * He says accepting her kiss and then kissing Ramona on the forehead and turning the light off *

*Sapphire sniffling *

Ashton: Sapphire, what's the matter?

Sapphire: The doctor called and said that my dad made another attempt to end his life by using the scalpel and cutting his stitches open and that they had to restitch and rebandage his arm and that he is now on a suicide watch. * She says bawling her eyes out again for the second time today *

Ash: Are you serious?

Sapphire: Yes. * She says crying really hard now *

Ash: It's okay Sapphire, I'm right here. * He says pulling her in a comforting hug while she cried *

Sapphire: I just want my dad to get help and get better.

Ash: I understand, I feel the same way. * He says to her in a soothing voice *

Sapphire: Thanks for being here, I am truly grateful. * She says wiping her tears away with her hand and laying down to go to sleep *

Ash: It's going to be okay; I promise. * He says tucking her in and kissing her on the forehead *

Sapphire: Good night, Ashton.

Ash: Good night, Sapphire.

Sapphire: I love you.

Ash: I love you too. * He says before turning her light off and then walking to his room, putting his PJs on, getting in bed, covering himself up and turning the light off before going to sleep *

-- The next Morning --

KK: Ramona, sweetheart; time to wake up; it's time to get ready for school. * She says shaking Ramona *

Ramona: Okay. * She says yawning and then stretching *

Kaitlin: I'll let you get ready.

Ramona: Okay.