Secrets P2

Omega felt as if her world was on fire. She didn't think her body would have caved in so fast. One minute she was okay and the next she felt herself make contact with the forest floor. Omega wanted to say something; to pick herself up like she had seen her brothers do many times before, but she couldn't even move her lips to communicate. Her mind was wild. She had no idea what was happening, only that she should have said something earlier before everything got out of hand. The only thing comforting her in the moment was knowing that Hunter had her. She could feel that they were moving, which at the speed he was going at, made her nauseous.

Hunter moved as fast as he could through the brush. He held Omega close, like it was the last time he would ever hold her. Out of everyone, it had to be her to endure the poisonous plant. Hunter hated that he didn't notice before it was already too late. He had heightened senses, out of everyone, he should have known first. He was also partially annoyed that Tech didn't say anything when he obviously thought Omega was hiding something...but he was the leader. Everyone's safety was his job. Hunter looked down at the barely conscious Omega; the guilt eating away at him.

"I'm sorry, Omega," he whispered, holding her tighter. From the distance, Hunter was relieved that the Marauder was in sight. "We're almost there, kid. I promise everything will be just-"

A loud roar echoed through the forest. Hunter stopped abruptly. Whatever creature made that sound was close by. Hunter could feel the animal's presence. It was watching them from a hidden spot.

"'unter?" Omega rasped. "What's...going on?"

Hunter caught a glimpse of a hollowed out tree a few feet away. It would have to do. He quickly made his way over, carefully setting Omega down.

"Omega, I need you to stay here, okay? I'll just be a minute, I swear."

"Hunter, I'm scared." Omega cracked open her eyes. On top of feeling worse than the aftermath of some experiments she went through on Kamino, Hunter was acting nervous and from what she knew, that meant something bad was happening.

Hunter reached out, taking Omega's hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I've got everything under control. I'll be right back."

Before Omega could respond, the loud roar returned. This time it was right on top of them. Hunter rolled out of the way, just in time to dodge a dangerously large claw that would have taken off his head if he waited a second later.

A large furry creature with glistening fangs and claws that looked sharper than metal, stood on its hind legs.

"What the heck are you?" Hunter questioned, gazing in awe at the beast-like creature. He had never seen anything like it.

The animal growled as Hunter slowly reached for his blaster. The Sergeant kept a steady eye contact with it, not wanting to make any sudden moves that might aggravate it more than it already was. The creature watched Hunter like a hawk as if it knew what he was reaching for. The second Hunter's hand made contact with his blaster, the animal jumped at the clone without any hesitation.

Hunter didn't have time to prepare. He could feel one of the claws penetrate his armor, digging into his shoulder. Both him and the beast screamed in pain as they laid on the ground. Hunter closed his eyes, pushing past the pain as he forced himself to get up. He clutched his bloody shoulder as he trudged past the thing that attacked him that now had a smoking blaster hole in its neck.

"O-Omega?"

Hunter's heart raced when there was no response. He knelt down, finding that Omega had passed out, her head laid on one shoulder.

"No no no. Come on, kid. Stay with me." The Sergeant carefully, ignoring the fire that his wound was sending, picked up the sleeping girl. Her skin was warm. Way too warm if he could feel it through his gloves. He also noticed that she had paled a lot more than she already was before. He had to get her to the Marauder. If she died because of him...he didn't even want to think about it. Hunter winced in pain as he struggled to carry Omega. The blood loss from his injury was weakening him. Black dots danced in his vision, tempting him to stop. After what felt like ages, his body finally gave out on him.