Chapter nine

*third person pov*

Lizzie walked into the nurses office alone, it had taken a lot of convincing to make Eleanor leave her, the blonde didn't really care for the girl. Eleanor was sweet but Lizzie had no want to get closer to her nor did she need anyone to be concerned about her- she could take care of herself just fine.

"Brooke" Lizzie greeted the nurse, "Lizzie" she gave the girl a warm smile. Lizzie and nurse Brooke had come to gain a relationship after all of the years of her working there; at around eleven or so the witch had a streak of pretending to be sick, unbeknownst to anyone besides the nurse it was because she wanted her dad to give her attention. It hadn't taken the woman more than five seconds to realise the girl was faking it after the third or fourth time of her being 'sick'.

It had become a habit of the girl visiting her during the day at some point, originally it was assumed she was doing it to get out of class however eventually she got the truth out of Lizzie. The witch decided that it was only a small piece of infomation which she could share that wouldn't result in anything bad. After the confession Brooke allowed the girl to there and she would write her a sick note, the agreement was she was allowed to do that if she caught up on her schoolwork which she did.

There were a few times that Lizzie had gone to her during a breakdown, she never made the blonde talk or told her father merely let her sit in her office.

Since then though the blonde had obviously matured, she didn't want to beg for her fathers attention and she had found her own way of coping with things- not a healthy way but still a way nonetheless. She rarely saw the nurse besides from when she was actually sick however she still had an endearment for her.

"Your sister's just been in here" nurse Brooke commented, "I know, must be a twin thing" Lizzie replied. "So why are you here Lizzie? not that I don't mind a visit" it was only so long before she questioned the witch, Lizzie shrugged "I threw up in gym" she said.

"Are you okay?" she asked concerned "yeah probably a sickness going around or anything" the blonde reassured- she knew it was a lie. "Can I go to my room for the rest of the day?" Lizzie inquired wanting to have time to recollect her thoughts, "you aren't leaving until I take your temperature" Brooke sternly told her; she may be nice but at times like this she gave no lenience and rightly so.

Lizzie knew there was no way of getting out of this so she walked towards the woman, "let me get a themometer, i'll be a second" she informed Lizzie. The nurse began searching through one of her drawers pulling a clean one out and a fresh pair of gloves, "say ah" she instructed and the girl complied by opening her mouth.

Obviously not saying ah though, that was childish.

In around a minute the themometer was taken out, "no fever" she concluded "I told you" Lizzie responded. Brooke sent the girl a playful glare "Ms Saltzman you may leave now, if you even begin to feel a little cold I want you back though, understood?" she instructed "understood".

With that out of the way she left, relieved she didn't have to spill the details and was able to play it off as a 'sickness'.

***

*Lizzie's pov*

I wandered the empty hallways until I made it to mine and Josie's room, I opened the door to find her laid in her bed- looking quite terrible might i add. "Lizzie?" she asked confused when she saw me, "your sickness has plagued me" I made it a point to give an exasperated sigh.

"Join the club" she replied patting the space on her bed that was next to her, I shook my head "so far i've only puked, i'm not risking looking like...you" I tried to think of a nice way to put it.