Chapter five

*Lizzie's pov*

It had been a week since that lovely father-daughter meeting and now it was the dreaded game day.

I walked down the stairs with Josie beside me, "i'm not hungry" Josie informed me as we walked. I gave her a look "what?" she questioned, "well uh funny thing actually Josette" i began; "this morning as i was desperately trying to make this trashbag of a jersey look cute, i suddenly had the urge to purge".

"So i fled to the bowl and low and behold i heaped up a gallon of black goo" i continued "so seeing as i haven't been dabbling in any illicit black magic recently, i can only imagine it was a twin sympathy hurl" i pointed out.

"And here you are denying the days most important meal, so fess up what did you do?" i accused her as we rounded the corner. "Maybe you're pregnant Lizzie" Penelope ridiculed followed by her sighing "or maybe its just how that jersey fits" she kept up her mean witch persona, Josie mustered up her best tough face "go away evil one" she tried to command- she didn't sound so scary though. "Already gone" Penelope replied.

She walked closer to us, "hot tip next time you burn your exes hair off, make sure she can't rock a lob" the witch said as she flicked her shorter hair. Josie looked down as Penelope gave her signature smirk, she kept true to her previous word though and walked away.

My hands covered my stomach once i had heard her first comment, i had opted to wear a jersey today, i didn't exactly need to because i wasn't playing however i wanted to still feel apart of the team in a way.

Big mistake i guess.

The jersey went up a little above my stomach since my shallow lesions had thankfully healed for the most part, i pulled my jersey down as much as possible. Josie looked at me pitifully "she's just being evil" she said "well she's not called she who shall not be named for being a lovely person" i humoured.

Once we turned around Mg appeared in front of us, i crossed my arms "morning, big game today" he spoke happily. "Bounce Mg, as a devoted feminist i won't stand for toxic masculinity which there seems to be a lot of over here, if you're fast enough you can catch up with your girlfriend the Blair-Bitch" i said, i guess i forgot to mention that he had been caught shoving his tongue down she who shall not be named's throat.

He looked done as he walked away "machismo!" i called from behind him, deserved.

I guided Josie over to the food and i practically shoved a croissant in her hand, she furrowed her brows. "I don't care how 'not hungry' you are, i'm standing here until you eat that croissant even if i have to shove it down your throat" i threatened; if she was gonna have any chance at winning she needed nutrition.

Josie took a bite out of the pastry, "i'm glad we have an agreement" i said as i picked up an apple- it would be hypocritcal if i didn't make the effort to eat as well. I took a bite out of the apple which gave a satisfying crunch sound.

Today was going to be a long day.

***

*third person pov*

"Okay so before we leave i'm warning you that we aren't going to be doing all that kumbaya stuff" Lizzie told Hope "there will be no games of eye-spy, no small-talk and certainly no uno" she informed the tribid.

This was the second worst part of her punishment- sitting next to Hope on the bus. The first worst was obviously being barred from the game.

The most enjoyable was definitely the detention which was saying a lot given that she was with Penelope with it.

***

Lizzie walked into detention, her mind was still focused on the thing Hope had to her the night previous, she couldn't understand why she was being so nice to her.