8 Letters ~Luke Smallbone (For King and Country)

Request for Djhdjxjdjdjdj

As I looked down at the multiple tests in my hands they all have 1 thing in common...2 pink lines. After years of trying to get pregnant I can't believe that I finally am. It all started about 2 or 3 weeks ago when I missed my cycle and I was starting to show other symptoms like nausea and tiredness. Now it all makes sense. Even though the tests that I have taken show that I am pregnant I definitely want to call my doctor and get an appointment first to make sure that I am. Before making the appointment I sent a text to my sister in law Anna and asked her to come over.

Tiffany: Hey Anna. Don't know if Joel or Luke mentioned it to you earlier, but I am sick and not feeling well. Is there any way that you can come over?

Anna: Hey girly. Yes, Joel told me this morning. I am dropping Daisy off for her grooming and then I can be over there. Is there anything I can get you?

Tiffany: I can't think of anything, thank you though! 💗

Once Anna got to the house I asked for her to sit down in the living room. She sat down on the sofa next to me and then asked "how are you feeling? You don't look pale which is a good thing." I thought for a minute how I was going to answer this. I then said "I'm alright. I'm feeling okay right now. I need to tell you something though." After I said that Anna sat there with a concerned look on her face. I got up from the sofa and grabbed the pregnancy tests from the bathroom. I told Anna to close her eyes, as she did so I held out the tests in my hands. I then told her to open her eyes. She opened her eyes and looked back and forth between me and the tests in my hands before saying "oh my goodness Tiffany!! I am so excited for you." She then stood up and gave me a bear hug but also making sure not to squeeze me too hard. I smiled at her before  quickly wiping the few small tears that were rolling down my cheeks. I then told her "I need to go to my doctors and get a confirmation first. Would you mind going with me?" Anna looked at me all teary eyed and said "of course I will."

                     —Time Jump—
After going to my OBGYN I was able to get the confirmation that I was hoping for. I was 6 weeks pregnant. My baby was the size of a sweet pea.

Now it was time for Anna and I to plan on how I was going to tell Luke

Now it was time for Anna and I to plan on how I was going to tell Luke. I logged on to my Pinterest account and immediately began searching for some cute ideas that I could do. Pinterest really is the place for everything. After searching for many many hours I finally decided that I was going to just go to our local Dunkin Donuts and get a box of donuts. I am going to write on the box "Eat up. My mommy doesn't want to be the only one with a belly. Love baby Smallbone.❤️"

After planning it all out Anna and I left to go and get the donuts. I picked out a dozen donuts that I knew myself and Luke would like. Once we made it back home it was time for me to start preparing everything. I grabbed a sharpie marker and began writing.

                        -Time Jump-
3 hours later Luke was finally home from band practice. I told him to go ahead and wash up while I finished up dinner. He said "okay baby. I'll be back in a few minutes" before kissing my cheek and heading upstairs. While he was gone I made sure everything was hidden. My plan is to tell Luke that I have dessert for us and then after we eat I give him the box of donuts.

Once Luke came back downstairs it was time for dinner. I made us some spaghetti, a Caesar salad, and some bread. We both fixed our plates and then sat down at the table. He was the first to ask "how was your day honey?" I smiled and responded with "it was good. I just relaxed here for the most part. Anna came over and we hung out then we went and got some coffee and donuts. Speaking of which I bought us some donuts too for dessert." Luke then said "that's good. I'm glad you are still taking it easy. I don't like it when you are sick and not feeling well." I smiled and grabbed his hand that was extended out to me. "Aww, did anyone ever tell you that you are the best husband ever?"

After we finished up eating it was time for me to get the donuts. I told Luke that I was going to bring them over to the table so he could look and see at what all types I got. I grabbed some napkins, my phone, and some plates too. I set all of that down then grabbed the donut box. I placed the box down in the middle of the table and then said "why don't you pick the fist donut" to Luke. He slowly lifted the box open and this is what he saw...

 He slowly lifted the box open and this is what he saw

Once he read the message he re-read it aloud. He sat there and stared at the box for a minute before looking over at me. He immediately jumped up and came over to me. He said "I'm gonna be a dad!! This is the best news ever Tiffany. How long have you known?" As he engulfed me in a hug. "I am so glad. I truly can't believe that we are pregnant. I found out this morning actually. I am 6 weeks pregnant." Luke let go of me and kissed my lips before bending down and placing a kiss on my bloated stomach that was now considered a baby bump.

A/N: Hi!! Hope that you enjoyed this. So sorry this has taken me so long. I wasn't liking how I had it written so I kept revising it. I think that this idea is adorable. Thank you so much for all of the reads so far! Keep commenting, voting, and requesting. Be sure to also check out my other books. 💜