The Ice Queen ~Ryan Johansen (Nashville Predators)

Request for ChevyVerse19

Good morning everyone it's GAME-DAY here in Nashville or should I say "Smashville?" Smashville is one of those terms that I have become so used to since being here in Nashville, Tennessee cheering on the Nashville Predators. A little fun fact for you is that the Predators actually began using that slogan back in 2002. I have given all this talk about the Predators and none about me and how I relate to this. For starters my name is y/n and I am currently dating the centre/alternate captain for the Predators Mr. Ryan Johansen. We have been dating for about 4 years now.

On a side note you know what I also love about game-days? Most of the games are late, so I get to spend the whole morning with Ryan. Like today Ryan didn't have to be at the arena until around 4:00 since the game didn't start until 7 pm tonight. I got up before Ryan this morning so I could make him his favorite breakfast meal which consisted of eggs, bacon, toast, and some fresh fruit smoothies. This week has been one of those weeks where Ryan has had a couple of rough games, so I want to comfort him in any way that I can.

I also decided to write him a little note and put it in his equipment bag. I made sure the note was in an envelope where it won't get smushed and he will be able to see it and read it. In the note I wrote " Just when I think I couldn't be more impressed by you, you prove me wrong. I love you so much and I am so proud of you." - y/n aka your Ice Queen.

One of the many nicknames from Ryan that I have is ice queen and to be honest with you it's probably one of my favorites. As I thought about that and how special it is to me I didn't even hear Ryan come into the kitchen where I was. I then felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my torso. Ryan gave me a kiss on the cheek before sitting down at the bar in our kitchen. "Well good morning to you handsome. Happy game-day." I said. He looked at me and grinned before saying "Good morning to you my queen. Thank you. I hope we can win today." I said to him "I have a feeling that you guys are going to be unstoppable today. Especially in front of this big hometown crowd." He laughed and said "oh yeah? I hope so too. That is honestly one of my favorite things about playing hockey. Seeing the excitement of the fans, being the captain of the team, and having my ice queen cheer me on." After he said that I immediately walked over to him and gave him a hug and a kiss. I then said "awww. That is so sweet."

After we ate our brunch we ended up watching a few episodes of The Ranch on Netflix before it was time for Ryan to start getting ready. He had to be at the arena at 4 for practice, but I didn't need to be there until 6:00. That gives me a whole hour before the game starts to go and find the other wags, check out the team store for new merchandise, grab any food and drinks, and take some pictures with my friends and maybe Ryan if I'm lucky.

                           —Time Jump—

It was now time for me to start getting ready for the game

It was now time for me to start getting ready for the game. I decided on wearing one of Ryan's jerseys, my cuffed blue jeans, and my black vans. After I applied some light makeup it was time for me to head to the arena. We are about 11 minutes away from the arena in downtown Nashville; we live in the suburb just outside of Nashville called Oak Hill.

                        *skip the car ride*
Once I made it to Bridgestone Arena I quickly made my way to the private players parking lot. I flashed my badge to the security guard working and they let me in. I ended up parking next to Ellie who is with Roman Josi. Ellie was just getting out of her car but she decided to wait on me so we could walk in together. Ever since I first started dating Ryan the "wags" have been welcoming and so inclusive. I can't believe I've been friends with these women for over 4 years now. Ellie and I walked in to the arena together and made our way to the other girls in the suite. I grabbed my phone out of my purse and shot a quick text to Ryan.

Ice Queen 👑: Hey babe! I am here at the arena. I'm hanging out with Ellie and the other wags.

Ryan 😉: Hello my queen. Good, I'm glad you made it here safe. Okay, I'm working on a few practice slap shots now and then I'll be finished. I'll meet you in the family room in about 10 minutes.

Ice Queen 👑: 😘. Sounds good. I'll see you in a few minutes handsome.

I told Ellie and the other girls I was going to meet Ryan in the family room and they said "okay. Have fun, we will probably be in there in a few minutes too." Ellie giggled at me before saying "girl we know that Ryan needs a little motivation from you before the game starts." I immediately began blushing before laughing and saying to her "oh please I know you are the same way with Mr. Josi." She looked at me and then winked before heading over to talk to Kristen and Jennifer. Before I left the room I told Ellie that I was leaving my things with her but I would have my cell phone on me in case they needed me for anything.

Once I got into the family room I began looking around at everything in there. This room is one that is always crowded so it was nice seeing it empty for a change. Ryan walked in a few seconds later and walked straight to me. He gave me a hug before giving me one of the most passionate kisses and saying "I love you so much my Ice Queen. You are my everything. Thank you for always being here to cheer me on."

A/N: Hope you enjoy this. Hockey is one of those sports that I have on again off again watched. Since Atlanta doesn't have a team we normally cheer for the Carolina Hurricanes, but the Predators are a great team as well! Thank you all for the votes, comments, and requests! 💜