Puppy Love ~ Joel Smallbone (For King and Country)

Request for Sportslover28

Ever since Joel and I have gotten engaged we have been wanting to take the next step in our relationship which would be getting a pet together. Joel really wants to get a puppy since we both have had dogs growing up and know the ins and the outs to taking care of them. Joel and I had been having plenty of discussions about what dog breeds that we thought were cute and would be a good fit for us. Some of the breeds we had talked about were Australian Shepherds, Australian Kelpies, Golden Retrievers, Corgis, Springer Spaniels, Golden Doodles, Beagles, etc. Of course we had done extensive research on the different breeds because we want a dog that is going to be a good family dog. Joel and I obviously aren't pregnant but we do want to make sure that when we do decide to have a baby we want a dog that is good around people and children.

With that being said...today is the day that we are going to go out and try and find a puppy. Joel looked into some local shelters and animal rescue centers in the Nashville area while I was finishing up getting ready. While I was applying my makeup I asked Joel if he had talked to his brother Luke about what we had planned. He responded with a "uhmm I have not. I figured we could tell my parents, my sister Rebecca, and Luke all at the same time when we find a dog." He then asked "what do you think about that?" I looked over at him with a smile and said "aww, I think that is a wonderful idea. I think it would be cute to surprise them all with a picture once we do." He smiled back and said "that would be great. I think that they would all really enjoy it."

I decided on wearing one of my favorite cardigan sweaters, some rolled up jeans, and my Converse shoes. Joel was in a white t-shirt, paired with an opened face plaid button down shirt, and some Nike tennis shoes. After I was finished we were ready to go, I grabbed my sunglasses and my purse while Joel grabbed his wallet and truck keys. We had three different places that we wanted to stop in 2 were animal shelters and the other was an animal rescue. While Joel drove I got on my social media and just scrolled through my Instagram page. Joel said that we were going to go to the animal rescue first, and that it was in downtown Nashville.

After driving for about 15 minutes we had arrived at the first place called "Love at First Sight! Puppy and Kitten Adoption Center." The center has been in business since 1995 and has helped over 8,500 animals get adopted in Nashville. We read the reviews and everyone seemed to rave about the center and say that they were the best. After Joel parked he got out and came over to my side so he could open the door for me. We then walked hand in hand to the adoption center. Once we walked inside the building we were greeted with the sounds of different people talking, the quote of "awww how cute", and many animals either barking or meowing. I could just see it on Joel's face that he was so excited, like legit he looked like a kid in a candy store.

As we were walking around a lady that worked at the center came over to us. She said "hey y'all welcome in. My name is Olivia, how may I help you today?" Joel looked at me and then back at Olivia before answering and said "hey there. I'm Joel and this is my fiancé Anna. We are wanting to get a puppy today." Olivia smiled at us and said "follow me, we have plenty here. Hopefully one of them will be your new fur baby."

—Time Jump—
After looking at all of the different puppies and kitties in the center Joel and I were stuck between two of them. We couldn't decide which one we liked better. We then began talking to our sales associate Olivia to see what she thought. One of the puppies that we liked was a little on the smaller side but had the prettiest coloring. The puppy was white with hints of grey and black. The other puppy that we liked was black and brown. Ugh they were both so cute! Olivia had Joel and I both sit on the floor, she then set both puppies down to see which one came to us. Once we sat down beside one another Olivia set the puppies down.

*2 hours later*

Needless to say Joel and I definitely didn't go to the other places we had researched that day

Needless to say Joel and I definitely didn't go to the other places we had researched that day. Joel and I would officially like to welcome to our family Daisy. We can't wait to take on this exciting new chapter in our life with her by our side. We love you my sweet Daisy girl! ❤️🐾

A/N: What's up you guys?! I hope that you enjoyed this! I had to add in those adorable puppy pictures. I have really enjoyed getting these updates out to you all. Thank you for all of the love and support so far!