Epilogue

⇝**Epilogue**⇜

3 Years Later

•Madison

I've been waiting for him for 2 hours now, he's late. For the first time, he's late.

I look at my watch and sigh when I see what time it is now, 9:14 PM.

I really want to go home now, I'm too exhausted from work. But I can't just leave here and take a cab, I would have done it if I could. He told me not to leave when he said that he'll pick me up. It started almost a year ago because of an accident. He told me he'll pick me up but I couldn't wait to tell him that I'm going to be an Aunt because Zane's fiance is pregnant, and on my way home, the driver of the cab did something he shouldn't do and we almost got in an accident.

That's why he never wanted me to take a cab anymore, but he's late.

After a few minutes, I am now the only one here at the lobby of the Art Gallery I'm working. I started my own Art Gallery. After coming here, I got myself busy with painting and for two years, I took lessons and managed to have my own art gallery with the help of my husband.

"Honey, Sorry I'm late." A voice was suddenly heard making me almost yelp. I'm spacing out so much that I didn't notice him arriving.

He walks to me and kisses my lips before taking my bag from my hands.

"Yeah, 2 hours late, Mister." I walked in the car and got in while waiting for him. When he stepped in, he smiled apologetically and kissed my lips again.

"There's a sudden meeting with Mr Russo, and my phone suddenly drops dead. I'm sorry." He started the car and drove out of the parking lot.

"I'm mad at you, but I'm too tired to argue." I roll my eyes at him and look out the window.

"I'm really sorry, It won't happen again." He said as his free hand went to hold mine, making me look at him.

"Whatever, So, When is your project going to finish?" I'm tired but I can still listen to him. His voice is so sweet that I can fall asleep by listening to it.

"Next month, 1st Friday just like what Mr Gunhilld said."

"Oh, We only have a month left?"

He took a glance at me and nodded. That's sad but part of me also wants to go back to New York. After this project, He asked me if we could go back to New York for work. And of course I agreed, but on his second try to convince me.

I'll really miss Switzerland and everything here. Even so, I miss my brothers more, and Hazel, Jenny and Kit too.

So maybe that 'someday' finally came when I can say that I'm healed because of him. Though it took me a year to accept what happened to Ezekiel, I never really thought it would hurt that much but it did, because I really thought I'll finally have a son and a family. It gives me trauma, then the time comes when I tell Ace that I don't think I can be a mother again.

He seemed disappointed at first but just like what I know he'll do, he comforted me and told me that he's not going to force me if I'm not ready, it only means he's willing to wait for me.

But that's not the point, the point is I think I'm ready now, after all his sacrifice for me. His time, his work back in New York, and everything else.

And everything else means Victoria is one of them, she's still in prison. And about Dada, I withdrew the charges after a year of him being held in jail, and sadly, he passed away just a year after getting out.

"Hey, you're thinking deeply again, what is it? Maybe I can help?" He caressed my hand bringing me back to earth.

"Oh, no, I'm just tired, don't worry."