Chapter 1

⇝**Chapter 1**⇜

Present

Madison

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest declares that my future is now tied to this man, who's always wearing his blank expression.

I know there's no reason to be happy about this, even for me, but this is his wedding too. Can he at least show the guest that he is somehow happy, even just a fake one? That's all I want.

As a woman, Of course I want to have my dream wedding, and I'm sure to myself that I'm not happy about this. Especially when my groom is looking like he's attending the lamest meeting he has ever attended. There's no way I can be that quiet. It's only been an hour since I first met him–after being engaged for 5 years– and I already know how silence can be too loud for me.

"You may now kiss the bride." With that being said, my heart started beating uncontrollably wondering what am I supposed to do, or he's the one who's going to take the first move.

Without waiting for him, I tiptoed on my heels while my hands gently held his arms to keep my balance, tipping my chin up as I planted a quick kiss on the side of his lips.

That's better than nothing, right? I guess?

I was about to let go of him when his soft hands cupped my face and pulled me into a real kiss. Like how married couples do it in movies and real life. A quick but deep kiss.

After hearing the applause of the guests, he pulled away to face them. Like what he did, I also smiled at them when I suddenly felt his arms around my waist. I admit I was startled by him, and he's aware of it.

Seeing my Dada and Zane around somehow managed to erase the thought of running away from this. Ivan didn't make it because there's been some emergency with our company in London. But I still wish he was here though. In the other table which I assumed is for his family side, his sister, his father and his mother, whom I notice has been glaring at me the whole ceremony.

But my mind is occupied by this man at my side, my husband. Does he hate this so much, like I do? If Yes, then why did he not cancel this? If No, then why is he acting like this?, like he's going to murder whoever thought of this bullshit.

He should even be thankful that his wife is pretty like me, I know it's not the right time to joke, but for real. In those five years, It never slipped my mind that my fiancé is this handsome even with that bored face, with a body that is perfectly fit with the perfectly tailored suit. Almost everything in him was perfect except his smile, it's missing, so I can't say if it's perfect too.

Because by how concerned Liam is, I thought it might be some old man with a big beer belly and itchy beard. He's older than me too but not as I expected, like a man in his forties or fifties, but he's still older than me by seven years.

And like my Dada said, They'll only let me have the company if I get married before I turn twenty-five. And lucky me, I got married 5 months before my birthday. And I know he's also doing this for their company, so it's a win-win situation.

Except for the fact that we got married.

I just hope things will get better.

***

We just got to his villa and not going to lie, this is so luxurious.

I'm going insane.

Right where I'm standing, You'll be able to see how huge his villa is.

The main house has two palm trees in the middle before you get in the main door. Around ten meters away from the outside living space, the huge pool will greet you, it's made of dark gray marble. On the left side of the pool you will see some looking expensive chaise lounge for outdoor and on the right side is like a drinking area with no roof patio dug down on the side–leveled by the bottom of the pool– and if you walk a little right from the patio, there's another patio with a roof.