As young children, peer pressure is very taunting. I couldn't say anything.

Then suddenly, Neil held my shoulders and looked me in the eye with firey determination.

He started closing his eyes and moving his face with his pouted lips close to me.

This can't be happening!!!

I made a lip-like flower using the tip of my fingers and just used it to smooch his lips instead. He opened his eyes in all smiles only to be disappointed that he actually kissed my hands.

Everybody laughed. I did too. Neil pushed my hand off and screamed, "What the hell, Danni?"

Then I yelled back, "What?! Did you expect me to kiss a lizard? Would you turn into a prince? Does it apply to all reptiles?"

He groaned and kicked the floor. Then he ran far away.

Well, at least, he got his first kiss.
But on my fingers only.
I smirked while I watch him run away.

----------------‐--------------------------

"Shut up!" I yelled at this b*tch. I couldn't hold my anger back but Neil was firmly pressing on my shoulders. I pushed his hands off me and prepared myself to tackle this ugly-

"Danni, please. This is a business. Don't cause trouble again." Neil says calmly.

With his tone and what he just told me, I held myself back. He went through a lot just to build his small businesses. I maybe a troublemaker for him and we might spite each other most of the time, but I'm not a sick and unemphatic person.

Inhale. Exhale.

"I'll go and rest by the staff lounge. Then end my shift early. Boss." I answered and walked away in full angst. My eyes pierces with murder on those girls. They are so- ugh- I hate them.

Why do I hate them?

Well, during prom night...

"That stupid geek. We had him do all of this work and decorating all by himself. But in the end, he couldn't come to Prom. How pitiful. He's so gullible." I heard a girl laugh with her friends. I was just casually taking food by the buffet and I didn't really care when suddenly...

"I know. I can't believe a valedictorian would be such a pushover. Is that how nerds always operate?" another girl laughs back.

Wait. They're talking about Neil.

I looked around.
The stage.
The ambience.
The backdrops.

It all looked so beautiful. Are they saying that Neil did all these? By himself?

I'm known to be delicate and a pacifist because I never fight with anybody except Neil. However, hearing their laughs and mockery, somehow boiled my blood enough to try and subtly spite them.

I decided to bump into one of the girls and accidentally knock a drink over at their dresses.

"Oh my god! Watch where you're going? Ugh!" the girls yelled.

I sarcastically apologized, "Oh. My bad. I guess, I'm a little clumsy."

As they were busy wiping stains off their dresses, one girl suddenly decided to tick me off by saying, "If it isn't the geek's girlfriend saving his man. Are you trying to defend your nerd boyfriend now?"

Then they all laughed at me.

I was about to start a full on catfight but since they outnumbered me, the other girls held on my arms. One girl grabbed a knife and sliced off my back strings. My dress started falling off. They released me and I immediately caught my dress to cover up.