Why 2

Derek quickly ran into the hospital with the teen boy in his arms. He found Stiles almost dead after he watched the living crap being beaten outta him. It hurt Derek to know Stiles went this way.

The nurse took him yelling, "code blue!" A lot of people came running. This was not good. He heard Stiles' heart slowly come to a stop his eyes burned with tears as they tried to help him.

Derek fell to his knees as he lost sight of Stiles. Soon after everything the pack showed up. Scott was full out crying.

His mom held him as the thought of losing Stiles filled him. John, the Sheriff, was there too. He pulled Derek aside to talk to him.

"Derek," he said. "Thank you. If it weren't for you the doctor says it could have been worse."

Tears filled his eyes. "I don't think I would've lasted long without the kid in my life." Derek nodded. "You can see him."

Derek sat down next to Stiles' bed. "Why?" He asked the still asleep Stiles. "Why didn't you tell me? I would've helped you. Don't you see this is killing me? I need you Stiles. Please be okay."

Tears fell faster as he held Stiles' hand. "I need you please come back to me. I-"

He stopped letting for tears fall. "Stiles, I love you." Derek put his head down and cried. Then he felt a hand on his hair.

He jumped up and looked at him. Stiles smiled lightly. "I love you too Sourwolf."

Derek smiled and put his lips to Stiles'. "Don't ever do that again." Stiles nodded. "I won't, just don't leave me." Derek nodded, "I won't."