Rin: We're getting sidetracked! Those command seals are proof that you are a master in this war. They are spells that can help you control your servant so if you even have one of those, you can keep your servant under your control.

Shirou: What do you mean if I still have one?

Y/N: There are three command seals. You used one to stop Saber from attacking us, remember?

Shirou: Oh right, I did.

Rin: You only get three, so be careful for the words that come out of your mouth.

Archer chuckles a little bit and Rin shoots him a look. I look down and see that Rin only has two command seals left.

Y/N: What happened to you-

Rin: Finish that sentence and there won't be a mouth for you to say anything else, got that?

Rider tenses up but I shoot her a look which calms her down. I nod my head and look down.

Shirou: So, what's the war thing about?

Rin: Well. The Holy Grail War is about masters trying to defeat other masters. The master who stands on top will win the Grail.

Shirou: You really expect me to believe all of that?

Y/N: She's telling the truth, Shirou. We have a temporary alliance so that means we won't attack each other for now but maybe in the near future.

Shirou: What about these servants? Do they help me for this war?

Rin: Yes. Think of your servant as your familiar granted to you by the Grail.

Shirou looks at Saber while I look at Rider.

Y/N: She's supposed to be my familiar? 

Shirou: Saber doesn't even look like me.

Rin: Well of course they aren't. They are heroes from the past.

Y/N: Wait. From the past? *looks at Medusa* Which one are you?

Medusa: Isn't it pretty obvious from my blindfold?

Y/N: Oh...

Shirou: Wait, then who are you supposed to be, Saber?

Saber: I feel like my sword could expose my identity and give the enemies an advantage. That is why I do not want to reveal my identity.

Rin: Servants are always with you in spirit. You can manifest them into physical forms for them to help you fight. 

Shirou: So, the red guy is basically a spirit? The blindfold girl is too?

Rin: That's Archer, he's keeping watch outside.

Y/N: That's Rider, she's just here watching us.

Medusa: Well, you could've put it in a better form of words.

Rin: Well, do you understand so far?

Y/N: Wait. We didn't talk to him about the wi-

Rin covers my mouth and gives me a smile but deep down very angry look.

Rin: What he meant to say was that this Holy Grail War is a big deal and if you feel as if you don't want to contribute, you can talk to the man overseeing the war, Kirei Kotomine.

Shirou: I'll think about it.

Rin: Remember. Servants are powerful familiars and they are all heroes from the past. Make sure to use yours well.

Y/N: She's right. Saber, you said you were basically incomplete?

Saber: Yes. The problem is that Shirou is not a fully trained master so replenishing Mana will be very difficult.