Island Secrets #14

General POV

The couple wakes up in each others arms as always just admiring each other. The sun shines through the opening of the tent and they slowly start to get up. Kie gets up first earning a whine from JJ.

"Cant we just lay here all day?" JJ asks giving Kiara his sad puppy dog eyes. "Trust me I wish we could lay here all day too, but remember we all have to go look for firewood." She says giving him a quick kiss.

She tries to pull away but he pulls her in by her waist playfully. "JJ" she says giggling at his actions.

"I know, I know" he says to her getting up with her and leaving the tent. After a minute the other 2 couples wake up and head outside.

"Plans?" Cleo asks all of them. "We need to get more firewood and some more food" John B says clapping his hands together.

"Yeah that fire has been dying out fast" Pope adds. "Pope and Cleo, you two stay here in case someone, AKA JJ, gets lost"

"No problem" Cleo says elbowing pope. "Me and Sarah will get the food and JJ, you and Kie can get the fire-" he was cut off by Kiara "first one to find wood wins" she says and her and JJ run off into the woods.

"They are cute and all but they are getting on my nerves" John B says sounding annoyed. "Do you remember when you brought me to the château and everyone was pissed and mainly Kiara because we were dating?"

"Yeah....." he answers. "Well just like everyone did then, we just have to get over it and accept that they are definitely the cutest couple I have seen." She says sliding her hand into John B's and laughing.

"To be fair I would have never guessed JJ and Kiara would ever be a thing" Pope says shrugging his shoulders.

"Ok I'm gonna be honest, the second I saw them on the boat I actually thought they were dating" Cleo says.

"Yeah they seemed very very close when I first saw them" Sarah adds. "I didn't notice, but that was probably because we were all pretty much all over her" John B says and laughs.

"I guess it was just meant to be" Sarah says. "Yup" John B says.

"Ok we will go get the food now" John B says walking to the woods with Sarah.

JJ and Kiara run through the woods still keeping each other in peripheral vision in case anything happens on this strange island.

"Found some!" Kie yells making JJ stop in his tracks. "Aww hell I wanted to win" he says throwing his hands in the air. "You still love me though" she says putting her hands around his neck.

"Of course I do" he says leaning in a little. She dodges the kiss saying "nope, we have to find more firewood"

"Ugh" he says as they continue walking.

"Hey do you hear that?" He asks turning to look at Kie. "JJ stop playing and help me look for wood"

"No seriously, it sounds like water" he says. She stops looking and stands still trying to listen. "I do hear it" she says.

"Come on let's go see what it is" he says as they walk towards the sound. They stop at a creek or lake and there it is. A ginormous and beautiful waterfall.

They walk to the edge of the water and just look at its beauty. "Oh my god" she says putting her hand in her hair.

"Hey do you see that over there?" He asks pointing away from the water. "No I do-" she doesn't get to finish before JJ grabs her waist and throws her into the water.

She doesn't let go without a fight though. She grabs his hand and drags him in the water too. They both stand up and the water is at Kiara's neck and JJ's shoulders or a little lower, at least where they are standing.

They see beautiful lily pads floating in the water. "We should go get everyone else" he says still looking at the waterfall.

"We will eventually but can't we enjoy it first, just us two" she says wrapping her legs around his waist holding onto his neck as he holds her thighs so she doesn't fall.

"That sounds like a great idea" he says kissing her softly while caressing her thighs with his hands.

He takes them closer to the waterfall and they swim around and splash each other having fun.

"Maybe we should head back now" she says pulling away from another kiss. "Yeah they are going to be worried plus we still have to find wood" he adds.

They both get out of the water and walk around collecting some usable firewood because John B would have a fit if they came back empty handed.

They walk back and see the four people standing around talking looking like they have been waiting.

"What the hell took so long!" Sarah yelled. "No need to be so mad we were just exploring" JJ says rolling his eyes and quietly mocking Sarah. "I heard you Maybank" she says crossing her arms.

"We found a waterfall out somewhere in the woods and it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen" Kie says trying to interrupt JJ and Sarah's little argument.

"More beautiful than me?" JJ asks acting hurt. "You come close second" she says laughing as he puts an arm around her.

"How come we didn't see it before?" Pope asks. "I don't know maybe we just missed it" Kie says shrugging.

"Come on let's go!" JJ says eagerly. "Do you even know which way it is?" Kie asks him crossing her arms.

"Yeah, it's that way" he says and points. "No" Kie moves his hand "it's that way".

"That's what I said" he says acting confused. "You are really awesome with directions man" John B says patting his back.

"Ugh fine, lead the way" he says to Kie. "Don't worry you can lead with me" she says holding his hand guiding him where the waterfall was.

The pogues follow.

____________________________________________________________

Hiiiiiii sorry I didn't update yesterday, it was a really busy day for me.

I hope you liked this chapter and I just wanted to say when this book ends, which won't be soon, it will be a happy ending.

Enjoy your day!