The plan

"Why am I here exactly?" I asked Benny while I lay on my back on the bed.

"Because I'm not letting your brother hurt you," Benny said as if it were obvious, which I guess it was.

Chief jumped on the bed and laid next to me. I rolled over in a spooned position and started petting him.

"Shouldn't you tell your mom I'm here?" I asked.

Benny sighed "yes, but then she's going to-" he stopped himself and shook his head.

"I'll be right back" he opened the door and went downstairs. Most likely to tell his mom I was here.

I don't think his mom hates me. She's a nice woman and she's always caring towards me. She's like a mother to me.

"¿Qué? ¿Ya la invitaste a salir? ¡Ustedes serían una pareja tan linda! ¿Tiene hambre? ¿Necesita algo?!!" is all I could hear from his mother downstairs.

She sounded indignant and like she didn't want me here. I could hear Bennys footsteps coming back into the room and then the door opened.

"She wants to know if you need anything and if you're hungry," he said politely.

That's a Latina mom for Ya.

"No, I'm good" I answered, still petting his dog.

I eventually dozed off and fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later and tried to look over at the clock on Bennys nightstand but he was holding me as he did in the treehouse. I loved being in his warm and comforting embrace. He smelled like cologne and just nature itself. My grandma was probably worried sick about me since I didn't tell her I was here and she would most likely yell at me the next day.

And that's where I started overthinking things. Until I came across a thought that stuck with me.

I don't have parents.

I might as well be an orphan. I'm like Harry Potter. Oh well.

I kept fidgeting which woke up Benny by accident.

"You ok?" he said quietly in his sleepy voice, it gave me butterflies.

"Yeah" I breathed out.

He put his free arm underneath me while his other arm stayed on the top of my waist. He held on tighter in a spooning position while our legs tangled.

I had some of his clothes on so they were a little baggy but comfortable, it also smelled just like him.

I realized that I should probably tell him that I like him. It's not like we're just friends and we both know that. I thought of a plan until I drifted off to sleep again.

I woke up to dishes clinking downstairs. I looked over my shoulder to see Benny asleep which made me smile. Today was the day I would tell him. How? I don't know.

I thought of a plan all night but now looking back on it...it sucked. It's like picking an outfit out the day before in your mind, then you try it on and it's the ugliest thing ever.

I pretended I was asleep until he woke up so I could be in his arms longer. I could feel him start to move around so he was probably awake but I just laid there with my eyes closed. He leaned over me and kissed my forehead so I tried not to smile like an idiot and which gave me butterflies. He probably thought I was still asleep.

This is where I started to actually make a good plan, and here it is.

First, since it's the fourth of July the fireworks will go off while we're all in the sandlot. Second, all the boys will be distracted by them so I'll distract Benny...with a kiss. Third, he hopefully will tell me he like me back, and "This Magic Moment" will be playing in the background and blah blah blah. We live happily ever after.

Will this plan work? Probably not. But I'm hoping it will not else it would be really embarrassing.

"Breakfast is ready!!" unheard his mom yelm from downstairs.

I yawned and stretched to make it look like I just woke up. Benny was at his desk across from the bed.

"Morning," he said whilst turning around in his chair.

"Morning" I yawned.

"You hungry?" he asked.

I shook my head no.

He walked downstairs to get himself breakfast. I got my phone out of Bennys sweatpants pocket to see tons of notifications from my grandma and brother.

My brother started calling as soon as I started reading all their messages. I answered.

"Addison!? Where the hell have you been??!!" he yelled over the phone.

"Calm down, I'm fine. I just stayed at a friend's house" I answered.

"You have to tell us these things! You can't just go whatever you want!" he yelled.

"Why can't you just leave me alone for two seconds? Why can't you just stop bothering me? Your not dad so stop trying to be!" I hung up right after that.

I probably shouldn't have said that but he needed to hear it. I'm sick of him. I turned around to see Benny standing in the doorway with a plate of food.

"I'm guessing that was your brother" he stated.

"Yup" I answered.

He sat at his desk again and started eating. He grabbed a piece of bacon and gave it to Chief who was begging.

I heard footsteps starting to come upstairs so I thought it might be Bennys mom. But nope. It was his dad.

I've never met his dad before but he looked pretty cool. He was about to speak until he saw me sitting on the bed.

"Oh Benny, you didn't tell me you had a lady friend" he let out.

"Daddd" he complained and turned around in his chair to face him.

"It's trash day" he stated.

"Time to go stand on the side of the road, Benny" I added.

He glanced over at me and his father chuckled.

"Go take the trash out" his father chuckled.