Dad is calling...

I woke up right next to Benny with his arm wrapped around me. I felt safe in his arms, I never wanted to get up. All of a sudden I heard the rest of the boys screaming from outside of the treehouse. It made me jump up at the sudden sound. I heard Benny groan as I walked toward the opening of the treehouse. All the boys were running away from the fence and you could hear 'The Beast' growling. I'm guessing they ticked it off.

"What did you boys do this time?" I asked, unsurprised while crossing my arms and laying them on the fence of the treehouse and looking down at them.

They all started talking over each other and blaming one another. Except for smalls who just stood there guilty. I continued to look down at them but started getting annoyed because I couldn't even tell what they were saying.

"ONE AT A TIME!" Benny yelled from behind me which made them all go quiet. "Smalls" he continued "what happened".

He looked up at Benny, a little flustered.

"Well, uh, we accidentally threw the ball over the fence while we were playing catch. A-and now we don't have a ball to play with" he stuttered slightly.

"Man, now we can't play no more" Benny threw up his hands.

"Why can't you guys just go over and get it?" I suggested.

Benny grabbed my arms and turned my body to face him.

"The beast!" he shook me.

I looked at him, unfazed, and tilted my head.

"Oh please, it's just a dog," I stated.

"Just a dog? Just a dog!" he shook me again.

I got out of his grip and climbed down the ladder, making my way toward the fence.

"You're going to get yourself killed, Addy" "one less player on the team" "r.i.p. You will be missed" they all made comments as I got closer to the fence. I shook my head at their sarcasm.

I started climbing the fence which made some of the boys gasp and some of them start to run toward me. Benny grabbed my waist and carried me back down to the ground.

"Oh my God, you guys are overreacting! It's a dog!" I laughed.

They all looked at me as if I was stupid. I shook my head and started climbing up the fence again. This time Benny didn't grab me but instead, kept a close eye on me. I made it to the top of the fence where I could see the dry dirt yard. I saw the baseball a few feet away from the fence.

"See, guys, it's right there." I pointed to it as they looked up at me. Benny's eyes glistened with worry as he watched me.

I shook my head and looked back over the fence to see the giant dog running toward the fence. It was probably twice me and Bennys size combined.

"Oh shit" I mumbled and my eyes widened.

I jumped down from the fence as the dog ran closer to it on the other side. There was a shadow above us so I looked up.

The dog.

The dog had jumped over the fence so we ran away from it. Some of the boys yelled as we ran out of the gate of the yard.

"Told you, Addy!"Benny yelled from beside me.

"I didn't know the dog was THAT big!" I yelled back, a little out of breath as we ran with the dog behind us.

"Spread out so that it only goes for one of us and then we can deal with it better!" Benny yelled.

We all agreed and went out separate ways, and just my luck, the dog followed me.

I ran as fast as I could, maybe even faster than Benny. The boys were waiting for me at the end of an alley as I ran towards them, looking behind me now and again. When I got to the end of the alley, Benny grabbed my waist and pulled me aside next to the wall. The dog kept running for a little and realized it was no longer chasing anything and started to prance away from us. I sigh of relief came from all of us and Benny let me go from his grip.

"You ok?" he asked, looking down at me, all of us panting from being out of breath. Me the most.

I looked up at him and nodded "yeah" I breathed.

"Next time you should listen to me" Benny suggested. "I'm always right" he finished.

I shook my head and laughed slightly at his words. We went back to the sandlot and stayed as far away from the fence as possible. We were trying to figure out a plan to get a new baseball.

"Does anybody have any spare change?" Benny asked, looking at everyone in the dugout.

We all checked our pockets and the only person to have money was Ham, who had two cents. We all groaned and kept trying to think of a way to get a new ball.

My phone started to buzz in the back of my pocket so I quickly pulled it out to see what it was for.

Dad is calling...

I stood up and immediately answered the phone.

"Yes, dad?" I asked, putting the phone next to my left ear.

Bennys POV:

Addy answered her phone.

"Yes, dad?" I heard her say.

God, she was gorgeous. She has beautiful long dirty blonde hair and freckles laying perfectly on her nose and cheeks. I could stare at her all day if I could.

I and the boys were still trying to figure out how to get a ball when Addy dropped her phone and it fell to the ground. We all looked at her as she started to breathe heavily. I quickly shot up and went to her.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong" I put my hands on her arms, trying to calm her down a bit.

She looked up at me with eyes filled with sorrow and sadness. Her eyes filled with tears as she looked back into my eyes.