Allow me?

Trigger warning:

⚠️ ABUSE⚠️

Crack

I used all my strength and hit the ball. I ran to first base, then second, then third. Nobody had the ball close to me so I ran to home. I slid and my shoe hit the base. Ham gave me a high five while picking up the bat.

"Hey, scumbags!" Phillips and his goons greeted from the gate.

We all either groaned or dramatically sighed.

"What do you want, Phillips?" Benny asked from beside me.

"Her" he pointed at me.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. Benny stood a little taller and walked closer to me.

"Well, that's too damn bad, huh?" he smirked.

Ham and Phillips shouted insults at each other and now both of our groups were only inches apart.

"You play ball like a girl!!" Ham yelled at him.

Phillips and the other boys looked offended by Hams's statement. I raised my eyebrows and looked between the both of them.

"Why do you look offended at that statement," I questioned and rolled my eyes.

"I'm right here," I said, offended.

"Sorry, I forgot you were here" Ham stated

I glared over at him which made him look away quickly.

"Tomorrow, our field, noon. Be there" Phillips and his team walked their bikes out of the gates.

I walked over to the bat that lay on the dirt ground to get back to the game.

"Why did you ever date him?" Benny questioned while picking up the bat for me.

"Don't know" I shrugged and took the bat from Bennys hands.

He pulled it back which led to me getting close to his chest. I could feel my cheeks get warmer as I looked up into his dark brown eyes that glistened in the sunlight. He put his hands on the tips of the bat and rested his head on his hands. He smirked at me then winked. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face and grabbed the bat from underneath him which made him stumble a bit.

"Alright love birds, let's play some ball!" Yeah yeah yelled from second base.

I smiled and walked over to the home base.

"Hey hey hey, no. It's my turn." Benny said sarcastically and took the bat.

I nodded and stood next to Ham. I had a plan to make Benny mess up on his third swing just to make him mad. He was about to hit the third ball and I whispered something to him. His eyes widened and his grip loosened on the bat and let Ham catch the ball. I smirked and took the bat from his hands while he stood frozen looking forward.

"Ok, wait!" Benny put his hand on his forehead.

"That was Addy's fault" he accused.

"Ham always makes comments to mess people up, what's the difference?" DeNunez asked.

"Yeah Benny, what's the difference?" I smiled at him and mimicked his actions from before and put the bat underneath my palms and rested my chin on it and winked.

He smirked and roll his eyes.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Benny laughed while walking past me.

I smiled and headed back to home base. I was about to swing for the ball when I heard my name.

"Addison!!" Someone yelled from the gate.

I looked over to see my brother walking over to me.

My brother.

He's abusive and terrible, he scares me to death. My breath came unsteady and I could feel my hands shaking. I could feel the boy's eyes going from me to my brother.

"Dad died and you didn't think to tell me!?" he shouted at me.

I flinched as he got closer to me. The boys could sense something was wrong, especially Benny. Benny got closer to me while starting my brother down.

"Drop the bat," he demanded.

I hesitantly put the bat on the ground and looked back at my brother. He probably thought I would try to defend myself with the bat if he tried to hit me. I would if I could.

He stepped closer to me and grabbed the back of my shirt. He dragged me out of the sandlot and as soon as he was out of sight from the boys he slapped me across the face. I became numb to the pain after all these years. He moved out 2 years ago after turning 19. I was finally happy without him there. My dad never knew he hurt me nor my grandma.

"I'm sorry.." I admitted while looking at the ground.

"Precision of language" he stated.

I sighed and looked up at him.

"I apologize." I let out.

He always taught me to be more precise with my language and how I phrase things.

"I will allow you to go back and play your game-" I cut him off.

"Allow me?" I asked. "You don't allow me to do anything." I continued.