Geborgenheit

Back to Jason...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So basically, some goddess is trying to infiltrate my mind?" Leo nodded awkwardly. "And we need a quest to stop her?" I could feel the pounds of guilt drop like weights as Leo confirmed my worries.

As if he read my thoughts he spoke, "Don't feel like you're a burden alright?" It was probably one of the most serious he's ever been. Nonetheless, my heart rate accelerated at the thought that he cared. 

"I know..." I said in a pretty unconvincing, non-burdening way.  "Shouldn't the rest of the gods know what Melinoe is planning?" 

"Well, Mr D knows," Leo says. 

"Oh yeah, we're safe now." I joked sarcastically. 

"Actually, we all know." Says a voice from behind the two, making them jump.

"We don't need another Nico," Leo sighs, trying to recover from the scare. Apollo or Lester, whatever stood innocently from behind the hospital bed. 

"I assure you, I don't exactly strive to be that guy.." His face lights up. "Oh! That rhymes! Write it down..write it down." Apollo began to scrawl on a random piece of paper he materialised. 

"Apollo!" He looks up at me. "What are you doing here again..?" 

"Oh right, right. We knew there was something off down there..." He said, gesturing towards the ground.

"For how long?" I ask. 

"A few weeks, but we didn't-"

"For how long?!" Leo shouts, mouth widening in shock.

"I just said, a few-" 

"Yes, yes okay. I'm more surprised the Olympians haven't gone and ordered us to suicide yet." Leo nods in agreement. 

"Oh, they're getting to that, like now." Apollo honestly answers. "We all know what you need for a prophecy..." 

"Er..you?" Apollo stares at me like I said something stupid.

"Uhm hello? The oracle? Rachel Elizabeth Dare!" He shouts, screaming the whole Infirmary down. 

"She's around?" Leo asks casually. 

"You're friends probably have gone to get her now, anyway. She stays at the camp in summer I'm pretty sure." Apollo states, struggling to stay in one spot.

"Well she can't just randomly start spouting a prophecy, can she?" I genuinely ask.

"Obviously not. Tch so uneducated..." He replies, looking annoyed. I glanced at Leo uncomfortably and he sends the stare right back.

"Anyways Jason, are you feeling any better?" He asks, this time with no sarcasm.

"Yeah, I feel normal. Does that mean I can leave the Infirmary?" 

"Well I'm not the doctor," he says, reverting back to his usual self.

"You're a god!" Leo exclaims loudly. I leaned my head back against the plush pillow as the two began to bicker in the background, slowly starting to fade out altogether. The pain was starting to get worse again, my view clouding slightly and visions of indescribable things started to conjure. 

Unknown voices, raspy and deep flooded my ears, completely blocking out any kind of noise from the Infirmary. Avoiding the strange delusions that partially took my eyesight, a strangely cool hand touched my now burning forehead and a slight rushing of voices could be heard through what felt like a barrier.