Naruto One Shot ~ Grudge and Love

Luna Hikari

Chocolate brown hair curly down just past her lower back usually half up in a bun with sweeping side bangs.

Ice blue eyes

16

wears a open backed white halter dress the strap a bright orange and the bottom of the knee length slightly poofy fluttering Skirt a bright orange ribbon edging with orange flower petals seeming to fall down the skirt. Her sandals orange to match.

Naruto sighed as he walked into the village. It was so nice to be back he hadn't been back for very long just a little over two months. In all this time however Naruto had seen everyone well everyone but one person. That person being his childhood best friend Luna Hikari. He missed the short and clutsy ninja girl with her short brown hair forever up in a pony tail.

Hell as the past three years had hone to prove he had missed her far more than anyone even Sakura. If it had meant anything as well Pervy Sage had gotten him to realize that his feelings for Luna were so much stronger than his feelings for Sakura and too strong to be that of a loving brother and best friend as he had thought.

He missed her horribly, the way she scrunched up her nose when she was annoyed to how she never wore dresses but insisted on baggy boy shorts and t shirts. Damn he missed the Tom girl of a best friend who had a secret soft side for things like puppies, flowers and romance.

Naruto chuckled remembering how he had used to tease her about it and make fun of her for it too.

"Hey Naruto are you even listening?" he glanced at Shikamaru and rubbed his head laughing awkwardly.

"Uh yeah sorry got distracted." He apologized flashing his notorious grin.

"Figured. You thinking about Luna?" asked Shikamaru tossing his kunai knife in the air and catching it again.

"Yeah..." admitted Naruto blushing as his heart did a flip.

"Yeah it's amazing isn't it? I mean remember how she never used to wear dresses and stuff total drag and look at her now." he whistled. Naruto looked startled Shikamaru was impressed? Wait dresses what?

"What do you mean?" asked Naruto Shikamaru stopped and stared at him.

"Dude...wait you mean to say you haven't seen her yet?" he demanded. Naruto shifted uncomfortable.

"Gosh what a drag no wonder she looked upset when I asked her about you. You've been back for over a month and you still haven't visited her?" demanded Shikamaru

"Upset?" asked Naruto waves of guilt passing through him.

"Yeah she looked hurt and mad when I said you two must have been having a blast now that your back seeig as your best friends and all." Said Shikamaru giving him a pitying look. "Man I don't want to be you Luna's scary when she's mad."

Naruto moaned. "WHY ME! Dangit!" he raced off terrified of what was going to happen with Luna.

Panting Naruto had finally found the place. Lunas house.

He knocked then quickly flinched and shielded himself as the door opened.

"Well its been a while Naruto how are you doing?" surprisingly it was Luna's mom she looked tired and had more gray than last time he had seen her but the warm look still shone in her eyes as she smiled up at him.

Narutos POV

"I'm doing well thanks Mrs Hikari uk is Luna home?" I asked nervously. Mrs Hikari smiled knowingly.