Meeting Him. (Chapter 4)

After dropping Aphrodite off at a hotel and helping her get settled in, I was making my way back home. It started raining, even though it was a bit rough out the rain always calmed me. I played 'Ashanti's- Foolish' lowly in the car. I remember as a teenage girl I listened to this song without never really having to relate to it, but now I do and it hits harder than ever.

I pull in my drive way and quickly try to carry all of the groceries in one trip. I unlock the door with a bit of a struggle but sooner than later I was in. I placed down the groceries on the counter, and began taking them out and organizing my fridge.

Achilles wasn't home yet so I felt at peace. I should also have enough time to shower and go to sleep before he arrives.

Earlier in our marriage I would cook dinner for us every night but that changed. He stopped eating my food since the baby. I stopped trying after I realized I was the only one trying to keep our marriage together.

After sorting out the groceries I made myself a little sandwich. I didn't eat all though since I  was watching my weight. I got up from the table and washed out my dishes. Before I could go upstairs to get my clothes for tonight, I heard the door bell ring. I was surprised since Achilles has his own keys, and Aphrodite doesn't know where I live yet.

I walked up to peep by the window and the door bell rang again. A tall figure was by the door and it certainly wasn't Achilles or even one of our neighbors. I hesitated going up to the door. Then he spoke. His voice deeper and more controlling than Achilles'.

"Hello?!"

I opened the door in hopes that I won't regret it. And I surely didn't. There he was towering over me. I wasn't short but I surely felt small. He looked to be about 6'6.  He was very muscular and his drenched white shirt allowed me to see everything. We both stood there for so long until the silence was broken.

"Is Achilles here?" His voice held no emotion it was like talking to a wall. I couldn't speak, his beauty kept me quiet. No man has made me like this in years. But then I remember the last man who made me feel like this messed me up. Then I snapped out of my trance and answered him.

"Umm yes.. but he's not home yet. Who are you?" My voice was lower than expected. He looked behind me into our home, and then back down at me.

"I'm his older brother. Did he not tell you I was coming?" He was rude. Well his tone sounded annoyed. But I mean who wouldn't be if you were standing out in the rain while being interrogated.

I let him in. And no Achilles didn't tell me he was coming. I didn't even know he had an older brother. He never even mentioned him, neither was he at the wedding. I went to get him a towel and one of  Achilles shirts. When I came back downstairs he was just there leaning on the counter instead of  taking a seat. But then I remembered he was wet.

I gave him the towel and shirt. He started drying his hair. And must I had that this man had a man bun. He began taking off his shirt, I quickly turned around and walked to the fridge.

" Do you want anything to drink?" I said with my back turned to him. I awaited his reply but he didn't. I turned around to make sure I wasn't talking to myself.

But he was just staring at me. His eyes were low, but soft. I felt this sense of comfort being in here with him right now. I haven't felt this way around someone since the last two hours I was with Aphrodite.

He continued staring but I struggled with eye contact. Before I can ask him again he says.. "So you're his wife?" Once again his voice held no emotion. I stared at him before answering.

" Yes I am". I felt nervous talking to him. I guess I was hoping he wasn't like his brother.

" I'm Asclepius" . He held out his hand for me to shake, I figured this was our first formal meeting.

I reached over the counter and shook his hand. We looked at each other as we did. Staring at him for so long didn't feel right. I guess you can say I felt disloyal. He was still holding my hand, I pulled away.

"So do you want anything to drink?". I asked again.

"Uh yeah do you have a cold beer?" He leaned up off the counter. His height showcasing even more.

"Yeah". I pulled out a beer and opened it for him.

"I can show you to your room. I would've prepared the room better but he didn't tell me we were having guest." I tired to make it seem like Achilles actually communicated better. I was very aware that Achilles would never tell a soul about what he does to me.

"It's no problem I'm not staying anyways. I'm just here to see my brother and talk about some things." He's voice wasn't calm any more it was more so alerting in some way.

"Do you know when he should be back?". He asked seeming to grow impatient.

"Umm I'm not sure he usually takes a little long to come home sometimes but seeing as though he should be expecting you he shouldn't take too lon-".  As I was about to finish Achilles walked through the door. My body went frozen. Asclepius didn't turn around to see him yet. He noticed how I stiff I'd became. But then he turned around to greet his brother.

They hugged and then made their way to Achilles office. He ordered me to bring them some drinks. Of course I did as I was told.

I knew I wasn't going to see Asclepius in the morning so I didn't think about him anymore. After all it wasn't like he came to meet me. I ended up sleeping in our shared room so that Asclepius didn't think weird incase he did stay the night.

~Author's Note~

So what do you guys think?

And what do we think about Asclepius so far?

I hope I'm pacing this book properly and not rushing things too much.

I'll be updating tomorrow seeing as though I wrote about four chapters today 🥲

BYEEEE!