I'm tired...(Chapter 1)

Here I am leaving this party with the man I didn't fall in love with. I'm preparing myself for the worst as we get closer to our home.

Our home....

It sounds weird even in my head now.

His screams are being blocked out but not as much as I want them to be. He's racing home as if he can't wait to lay his hands on me. I'm thinking of all the ways I can protect myself but all of my techniques have been worn out and are no use.

He's stronger.
He's faster.
He's... him.

Everything was fine before we left. I did as I was told. I wore the dress he wanted me to,and even did my hair how he liked. My makeup was light because he said when I wear too much I looked like a drag queen.

Our evening was going well, I only spoke when spoken too. Like he told me to. And stood behind him like his shadow,like he wanted. It wasn't until his new recruit Sarah came in the room. I must admit she looked damn good. And I also knew she was the knew eye candy for the guys in his club. She was slim, blonde, and stood at about 5'9. Same as me.

Once she came in the place it was like his entire demeanor changed. He started to change his tone towards me,and it was never like him to do this in public. He only did it when we were alone. Like we are in the car right now.

She came towards us and he removed my hand from his arm, despite knowing how bad I struggled with anxiety and social gatherings. She was nice I supposed. But a little too nice. She was giving him the look. The same look I used to give him. The look I used to win him over. But that look doesn't work on him anymore.. or at least so I thought.

I mean I didn't even ruin the night. He did. He did when he told her to meet him at a hotel later tonight. He didn't even try to whisper it. It was like he didn't have a ring on his finger. It was like I wasn't even by his side.

I became the 'problem' when I opened up my mouth.

"Excuse me?". Why did I even say anything?

I guess you can say jealousy overcame me. But I had every right to be. I put up with him for five years,and she comes through the door and immediately changes that?! But I had already regretted saying anything when he shoot me a glare from the side of his eye. A look I was too familiar with. I stepped back. I was prepared for him to hit me right then and there. But he didn't. He just looked at me with this crazy look in his eyes. I was about to apologize..

"Sorry I-". He cut me off

"Let's go". His voice was chilling.

I turned around to leave the club, and before you know it we were here. In his car.. arguing. Well he was arguing with himself because I wasn't replying. I mean I never do. Not because I thought my silence would shut him up even though I wished it did. But because I wouldn't dare.

We were in our drive way.

Our drive way....

Saying 'our' doesn't feel right anymore. It feels wrong, it feels like I've become an intruder.

Before I could get out he locked the doors. I thought he would've done this inside, but I guess he was really fed up this time. Before I could even turn around to look at him he launched at me. His eyes were red. They were crazy. I always say to myself I really married the devils spawn without knowing it.

He was hitting me. Straight punches to my head, no matter how much I tried to block his hits it never worked. After all he's been a pro boxer for ten years.

I'd just decided to not even try to fight back and wait until he had knocked me out. Blood was already drawing from my nose and a cut had been made on my lip.

I didn't pass out though.

Once he was satisfied he got off of me and got out of the car. I stayed there in shock for a while. But in all honesty I just couldn't move.

I just sat there crying uncontrollably. I figured I'd make a run for it, but my body was numb. And where would I go? I can just hear his words again telling me over and over...

"No matter where you try to run I will find you".

I was no longer considered his wife. But more so his pet. His personal punch bag. His maid. His sex toy. His object. His puppet.

I wanted out. And trust me I've tried running before because I'm not from Jamaica for nothing. But in this town people talk. And they're quick to send you right back to your lovely husband, even if he beats your ass like a dog.

You see Achilles grew up in this town. His family has a high status. And you know how people are in small towns. Everyone knows everyone's business. But that's not how Achilles wanted it to be. We were picture perfect for the public eye. And that's how it was going to stay.

I finally built the strength to get up. Walking into his home. I would sleep on the couch tonight. Or more like every other night for the past two years.

~Author's note~

Okay guys this was the first chapter. I hope you guys like it.

And yes we already hate Achilles🙄.

Since I'm going on summer break soon I will be updating a lot.

But I do have exams next week so no pressure. 😀