"If you're so mad at us for losing her why didn't you just come with?" She suddenly asked, surprising as all.

• N O L A N •

I opened and closed my mouth a few times before finally responding to Lindsay. "I wasn't feeling good." I said quietly.

She pointed her finger at me accusingly. "Oh right you were "sick." She said, putting air quotations around sick. "You're always "sick."

I just stared at her, my brows furrowed together in confusion. Where had the sweet, kind, patient Lindsay I knew gone? And how could I get her back?

You're just a sick, weak, burden. The voice inside my head chanted.

"Lins." Nicole said, grabbing her arm gently.

When did she get over here?

I looked around and found that Hailey and Lexi were making their way towards the living room. The latter practically being dragged.

Lindsay snatched her arm out of Nicole's grip, turning back towards me. Her face was bright red and her eyes were filled with fire.

What did I do wrong?

"I'm sorry I couldn't go. I'm sorry that I'm sick. I'm sorry I'm always sick." I said my voice rising with each word. "I'm sorry, but I can't control it!" I yelled.

She flinched back a little at the volume of my voice.

Shoot. Now you've scared her. What a jerk. What a selfish jerk.

It felt like all the air had been sucked out of the room as everyone went silent, surprised by my sudden outburst.

I took a deep breath, swallowing visibly before turning my light blue eyes back to Lindsay's deep green pair.

"I-I'm sorry, just why are you so upset?" I asked quietly.

She was silent as she stared at me. She almost looked hurt for a second as I saw her guard come down. But then, just as quick as it came down, it went right back up as she sent her stone cold gaze my way.

I averted my eyes from her cold glare as she licked her lips before finally responding. "I-It's just—" She paused shaking her head, "—nothing."

She grabbed her keys off the island, averting her gaze to the floor as she mumbled, "I'm leaving see you guys on Monday."

Just as she was reaching for the door knob I shot out of my seat, knocking the bar stool over in the process, drawing everyone's attention to me.

"Lindsay wait!" I said, grabbing her shoulder to keep her from leaving.

She spun around, yanking her shoulder out of my grip. "No. I'm leaving didn't you hear me? We can talk about this on Monday."

"Talk about what? I don't even know what just happened?" I shouted, throwing my hands up in the air in exasperation.

What the heck is going on?

She closed her eyes, letting out a small sigh. She was clearly frustrated, but I didn't know why.

What did I even do wrong? Was I supposed to know what I did wrong?

"Just tell me what I did wrong." I said pleadingly.

Her eyes softened a tiny bit, but not a lot as she ran a hand through her auburn locks.

"Nothing. You did nothing wrong." She said quietly, playing with ring on her finger.